Biggest disappointment in gaming ?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
I just wanted to know what where your biggest disappointments as gamers , be it games that turned out to be terrible or just features that changed something you disliked.
As for me , probably when jagex picked ace of spades and ruined it.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Mass Effect. That ending >.<
It sounded like the original ending could have been really awesome. They were talking about using dark energy or something that was vaguely mentioned in the first or second game to help stop the reapers, but was pretty much dropped from the game. Not having an actual final boss was pretty lame, too. I think The Illusive Man was planned to be an encounter similar to Saren, but was scrapped. The absence of Harbinger for pretty much the entire time was lame, too.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually in the original version the Reapers were trying to save the galaxy from total anihilation by dark matter. And the use of Mass Effect fields sped up that destruction. There was also something about human diversity being a possibility to stop it (hence the humanoid reaper in number 2). But that idea got scrapped.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the articles I read described that they were going to try and figure out how to use the dark matter against the reapers. I do remember reading something about the Mass Effect fields being harmful, though.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
My favourite was thing was the fan theory that was developed when the 'incomplete endings' came up.

The indoctrination would have been awesome and it would have probably made the most sense out of all of them.

Best answers
I've been playing the call of duty franchise since vanilla and have played competitively in MOST of the PC renditions of the game (the most underrated one was World at War). CoD: Ghosts is by far the least fun version to play especially coming from BO2; the weapons have virtually no recoil, weapon damage is too high for each weapon, kill streaks aren't as good as BO2 and map designs don't quite seem like previous versions, i feel like they're all very small. The newest version, Advanced Warfare, does look decent, but is a very far stretch from it's WWII roots but I suppose this is the direction that should be anticipated especially where "Modern Warfare" versions of the game have come out.

Another thing I don't like is the death of 1v1 FPS gaming; growing up I was a big fan of games like unreal tournament, quake, pain killer and doom. I remember when Fatal1ty and Voo fought in painkiller at CPL and thinking that was the most amazing match ever. A new free unreal tournament will be coming out and I hope that'll resurrect 1v1's to the point where it's seen in sponsored tournaments and such, unfortunately UT3 didn't do this. Part of the reason I got into ESF was NOT ONLY was it a DBZ game but the mechanics and nature of the game is so different than other games now. 1.2.3 is a form of 1v1 gaming that requires the user to be fast, precise and tactical - it's almost like a fighting version of UT99 imo.

I wanna end on a high note here, games I'm really looking forward to: DBZ Xenoverse (PC DBZ <3), Advanced Warfare (may not play it, still unsure) and of course, yours truly, ESF: Final.

Red Saiyan Mod
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Enter the Matrix - Last game I ever preordered. Way overhyped piece of buggy crap.

Any DBZ Tenkaichi game - Just awful controls, wants to be ESF but can't.

Duke Nukem Forever - I really don't need to say anymore about this.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The 21st century.

To understand where I am coming from, I should mention that just over 20 years ago at a tech convention I played an outstanding VR demo that was essentially a 1v1 HL deathmatch. Apart from the graphics engine of the day, the system was still superior to everything I've seen since, both available and experimental (and I've gotten into programming for brainwave interfaces). Frankly, the entire industry has left its balls to atrophy and called it prog[D]ress.

Last edited:
Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much anything that ditches Gameplay and Story for OMGZ DA GRAFIKS

Graphics don't make the game and should be low priority but kids these days (Major target demographic) are all about how it looks

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
Its amazing how you dont even have to finish the game itself to sell it these days. Steam is full of those, especially those unfinished sandbox games that get attention for having fancy graphics, most of them wont even be released and the developer can just take the money and move on to the "next gen experience".

Discord Member
Best answers
No that was your generic LoL thread >.<
man ... could've fooled me easily.

but seriously though, biggest disappointment has to be Diablo III ... though it is getting better with updates ... i still feel like it is the core of the game that needs to be fixed.

with how long it took for diablo 3 to come out and how much more it lacks from diablo 2. i was expecting it to be more entertaining than it was.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Rome II.

Now it's playable and amazing and with an upcoming content update it will have everything I wanted from it, but until we finally got here... oh boy.

This is the most ridiculous thing in the world to say, but I still have to give them credit for at least patching the game up even now and listening to the community and also enabling mod support which help this game immensely. But man that release.

And now this part is more of a joke: Fable: The Lost Chapters. Only played it 5 times now being well on my way to making the 6th this time with a no teleport rule just because I hate myself. Would have played it more times if the promises for it were real. Damn you, Peter Molyneux!
Now the real ones: Fable 2 - not on PC
Fable 3 - on PC Wahuuut?
Also Fable 3 - there were plenty things that made me laugh and go 'Ah it's Fable... :)' but too many things that made me want to puke. Just for the record, don't care what people say, the Evil Gnomes were hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom