DragonBall Xenoverse PC/Steam

Best answers
Oh wow, so freaking rude. How can you call other peoples work for stupied? Shame on you ;(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
don´t let it get to you, stupid people will say stupid things because they dont know any better.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, he's just exchanging a good game that will never be released to a bad game that will be released.

Best answers
You aren't making it any better Helv. Just because it takes 30 years to make a game doesn't mean it will never be realesed.

Best answers
OMG hahahaha, who the hell banned him? Im sure its not one of the devs, they are more mature than that....

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
OMG hahahaha, who the hell banned him? Im sure its not one of the devs, they are more mature than that....
Since he thinks the game will never come out and since all he does is repeat offend, they should just perma ban him to spare him and themselves the trouble.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since he thinks the game will never come out and since all he does is repeat offend, they should just perma ban him to spare him and themselves the trouble.
He got an infraction by a mod for spam. Since he was asked multiple times topost something more constructive than just hating on the mod. His infractions counted up to an auto ban.

Thats said BACK ON TOPIC!

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Back on topic...

Xenoverse looks rather promising...especially the history altering storyline, as well as the semi-MMO world/lobby that they claim will be in the game. Being on Steam, it also leave the chance (though unlikely) for modding, which is great. Hopefully it won't disappoint!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm only interested in DBO-related stuff in it, really. Hopefully Xenoverse will reveal what DBO intended but never gotten around to showing us.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Back on topic...

Xenoverse looks rather promising...especially the history altering storyline, as well as the semi-MMO world/lobby that they claim will be in the game. Being on Steam, it also leave the chance (though unlikely) for modding, which is great. Hopefully it won't disappoint!
Modding? A console port fighter game?

That wont happen without a hack or 2.

Jokes asside. Im just kinda hoping itll run fine and sollid at 60fps.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm only interested in DBO-related stuff in it, really. Hopefully Xenoverse will reveal what DBO intended but never gotten around to showing us.
Even if the official DBO is mainly dead, there are some people trying to make private servers, like DBO Revelations. http://dborevelations.com/home/
There are probably some more but none which I would be aware of.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if the official DBO is mainly dead, there are some people trying to make private servers, like DBO Revelations. http://dborevelations.com/home/
There are probably some more but none which I would be aware of.
I'm aware of Revelations and it has nothing to do with anything. They are remaking the game using DBO assets, not giving us story elements DBO was supposed to provide.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm aware of Revelations and it has nothing to do with anything. They are remaking the game using DBO assets, not giving us story elements DBO was supposed to provide.
Also that is never going to happen.

I wonder how the hell it never even got taken down until now...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
they wish , maybe if they stop making this generic tenkaichi-like games they would go somewhere close to esf but they cant do that because they want it on consoles and as long as its being made for consoles the game cant go any further than this formula
Not actually true. Recently my friend and I have been playing allot of Disney infinity 2.0 flying characters(with the sensativity all the way up) control very much something like esf(though you can only swoop forward), if you fly right into an enemy be they on the ground or in the air you hit em. It can get pretty intense with four people trying this.

Also it's all don with a controller. So everyone saying that you couldn't play esf with a controler is BS-ing. Yes it is more difficult by comparison, but it is very possible to adjust and refine aiming to be nearly as accurate. Fact is this isn't a core mechanic in the game, but it is possible.

Esf has always had a unique style of gameplay almost like YOU ARE THE BULLET. But I started playing quake and Unreal tournement on consoles way before PC and I had it down after a while.

The fact remains that DBZ is held purely as a competitive and combative type of deal, so all they can think of are existing fighting mechanics that have been pulled from past games in the series and re-vamping them. If they stoped this re-run formula and decided to build the game up with all new mechanics and features with more of a hard core element involved(which is unlikely as all consol DBZ games are geared towards younger audiences) they could easily surpass all the features ESF Final is going to have.

The soul difference in Xenoverse and ESF is vision. Esf isn't afraid to admit that it isn't for everyone, hell infact it's for the few who enjoy a hard bitter challenge. From a studio standpoint who needs to make money off of the product, this is a bad bad move cause they need to appeal to a wide enough audience, and make a certain quota, otherwise they get shut down by their sponsors, or have to lay off a chunk of the development team.

---------------------
Xenoverse does look interesting, an imaginative retelling of the story is a nice change of pace from seeing the same events play out for the N'th time. Battle of Z managed to have even worse combat than DBZ: Sagas giving you ONE whole combo and a total of three other moves to complete the extent of your abilities. Xenoverse looks to be adding some of the old flavor back into the game.

Levels look like they have gotten smaller than battle of Z, you cannot beam struggle, and forced locks return. Characters also fly pretty damn slow again. It will be a contest to find the most exploitable moves in the game before long. No doubt I'll get this game to enjoy the character creation and story mode, well as the long awaited return of local multiplayer, but I doubt ANYONE will find it a better online experience than ESF. Nuff said!

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
You said you had quake down on consoles after a while, but thats because you were playing against other players who were also on consoles.
Sure, esf could be a console game anyday, but if cross-platform were to happen you wouldnt stand a chance against people playing on a computer, thats is why cs go dropped this idea as well when it first came out, console users simply couldnt keep up.
As for Dimps, they could indeed make a better game than esf if they wanted but they wont because that wouldnt sell as much unfortunately, most fans dont care about gameplay really, they just want a big character roster and thats why xenoverse is having gt, ssj god and other characters that were not planned for the game.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Xenoverse does look interesting, an imaginative retelling of the story is a nice change of pace from seeing the same events play out for the N'th time. Battle of Z managed to have even worse combat than DBZ: Sagas giving you ONE whole combo and a total of three other moves to complete the extent of your abilities. Xenoverse looks to be adding some of the old flavor back into the game.

Levels look like they have gotten smaller than battle of Z, you cannot beam struggle, and forced locks return. Characters also fly pretty damn slow again. It will be a contest to find the most exploitable moves in the game before long. No doubt I'll get this game to enjoy the character creation and story mode, well as the long awaited return of local multiplayer, but I doubt ANYONE will find it a better online experience than ESF. Nuff said!
As of the TGS build, they revamped the flying speed and overall hit-detection, It plays much better than it did on the Network Test. As for the Arenas being smaller, It was only natural as this game is more about those melee combos and this time has less characters on screen than BoZ. Gameplay wise, I'm going to like this game because of how it feels like a 3D Burst Limit, and how the combo-system makes you rely on teleports instead of "CANCELS!!1!eleven1" so it feels really flashy. Otherwise while the game has a pretty sweet character creation and story mode, it is plagued by horrible decisions like the transformation system, the costume system and how some clothes for the CaC can't be color edited.

I don't want ESF on consoles, I don't think I'll have as much fun playing it on consoles as I do on PC. But having a reskinned Gundam Extreme Vs. with DBZ characters would be a dream come true.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah Gundam games dont really have the melee system for a DBZ game.

However i do find that one game kinda stands out in the fighter genre with an updated system. Wonder why more games dont follow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuH-6e2rK5U

This system seems a lot more free flowing than what ive seen in DBZ games. Its attacks are more thrust based rather than super close and that gives room for a better dodge system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom