DragonBall Xenoverse PC/Steam

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Kinda excited for the first official dbz game to be on PC/Steam! Anyone getting?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait what? Its coming for Steam?

o_O

Best answers
I'm really excited about this - I just hope the game's combat mechanics are better than what Battle of Z had. I'm guessing I'll have to hook up a controller to play rather than a mouse and keyboard...

The Magic Booper
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would imagine so. It's not like games of a similar nature have had a very good history when it comes to keyboard/mouse controls. Also, I believe this is a rare case where a gamepad would probably be the best choice anyway. I couldn't imagine a way you could map the controls to a keyboard to be quite as convenient as a controller.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, I've been wondering. What will the camera will be like? Will it be different then the consoles? or the same.. Or maybe like camera like ESForces. Since a mouse and keyboard is able to be used.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I've been wondering. What will the camera will be like? Will it be different then the consoles? or the same.. Or maybe like camera like ESForces. Since a mouse and keyboard is able to be used.
Its a fighter, so itll be different. If they manage to incorporate the mouse for camera, ill be really surprised to be honest.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
If they don't then a player will mod the game and make it. Then this will make this game so awesome :D

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like how the characters are modelled. I'd rather have HD versions of Super DBZ models.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, hopefully on PC it will look better than any of the screen shots I've seen for it... ulgh...

And this game has a sorta release date.

Dark theory: What if that game is [by some miracle] really good and ESF:F is no longer needed?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, hopefully on PC it will look better than any of the screen shots I've seen for it... ulgh...

Dark theory: What if that game is [by some miracle] really good and ESF:F is no longer needed?
Its still a different genre. ESF is based on the shooters of old like quake, while the roots of DBZ games come from fighters like street fighter and so on. So its kinda what you preffer more. Speed and twitch aiming or flashy comboes with a slower overall speed.

The Magic Booper
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
About the characters, arent they waaaay too shiny, i mean look at this http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/TokitokiCity_thumb.png
Trunks is glowing and the map around him look just normal. I'm certin that it was an attempt to make the game more cartoon like, but for me, just the cel shading was enough!!
I actually don't mind it that much. You are right though, it is a little too shiny. I honestly preferred Burst Limits looks out of all the Dragon Ball Z games. I believe Battle of Z was shiny like that as well though.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Its still a different genre. ESF is based on the shooters of old like quake, while the roots of DBZ games come from fighters like street fighter and so on. So its kinda what you preffer more. Speed and twitch aiming or flashy comboes with a slower overall speed.
To some of us, not the general public. What they see is multiple characters on the screen flying and hitting each other, difference being in that one you have a locked on camera and in the other you don't. It's kinda the same deal when people got disappointed in BoZ because it wasn't as good as Tenkaichi even tho it was trying to do something different.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers

they wish , maybe if they stop making this generic tenkaichi-like games they would go somewhere close to esf but they cant do that because they want it on consoles and as long as its being made for consoles the game cant go any further than this formula

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
yea I'm excited for this, since I don't have a PS4 to get the best graphical experience from it, my PC will :-D but in general, yea I'm excited to have something to tie me over till ESF:F is released.

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Would be interesting if they took a similar approach to Dragonmod Z (some of y'all still remember no doubt) involving comboed keys. Of course, another path would be similar to how Earth's Special Forces currently works.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Would be interesting if they took a similar approach to Dragonmod Z (some of y'all still remember no doubt) involving comboed keys. Of course, another path would be similar to how Earth's Special Forces currently works.
Well, that would be different from the norm. And if we learned anything about Japanese developers is that they apparently are forced to hate anything that is different from the norm by their publishers... at least by those that also bother to publish outside of Japan as well... which technically could be considered different from the norm...

Yeah, I'm really trying to find out what the hell their thought process is, but I'm way to western to do that...

Best answers
so awesome!!!! now we finally dont have to wait for a stupid mod which never cames out! :D so exicted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom