2002-2014

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
12 bloody years ago i started playing esf..Just missing the fun and checking on the friends i made over the years
It took me like 3-4 days to enter a server with people(and 3-4 years to learn to spell english),started playing on a net cafe back at the time..first server i join i see a f**tard with trunks ssj named XxRazorxX.Was like woah what kind of sorcery is this. How can he move this fast..later i got to know him he turned a pretty good guy ^_^
As time passed i went to the dark side and met people like
Grega(s2k was so pro back then,shame you were one <3)
Mephisto(best scripter evah \o/ respect bro! still have the "Melon.cfg")
Kai(constant 120ping badass and a ritch bastard)
sarutobi
Ryoka(cant remember his old name,dragon some)
Nord ( fus-roh-da & fellow scripter)
snowgum(my favorite jew!)
ZEONIX(quite a passionate relationship with that one)
Subzero(cool like.. USA player)
Dare/dave/something like that(flamboyant relationship with this kid xD)
Ice-x (gfx mofo)
HoSy(this guy got banned more than 100 times by me and spanked around the map double as that XD)
Jimmy!(YugiYami plain terrible nick-.-)
Orange!(my eternal trainie :D)
The admin of this site sky..skywan..er :D (?)
Origin ( gfx artist on forums dude with awesome name)
Shaddy!(he should have grown up now and avoid my bro hugs)
Toggan! (nothing else comes to mind than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw)
Montross or something (swiss douchie <3)
Dan!
AND lots more
So, that was a small sidetrack. I'd like to know if everyone's alive and kicking and if perhaps Hosy got jailed =D
Brohuggs to everyone, still keeping it the straight way!no worries!

Last edited:
Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Because i got high :laff: :laff:

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
S2k hasn't become any worse) Just depleted a bit like the game itself.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well are you telling me there is S2k..or even a clan nowdays?

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Arsen I still hate you btw ;)

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sure. we still have around 3-4 people meeting and playing every day.
Most active left are me, Sandra, Rascal and Sailent (current master)
Some others still play but quite rarely.

But. Time has passed. None of us is known by you i guess.

Also there are more clans. Including new ones made by new players (yes, the game still has a slight income.)

Here's the server where you can find us. If you wish.
91.211.244.82:27015 (pass: NoNoobs)

P.S. Hi Ice :3

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I tried log in steam and it says some about validation code,i got my steam on an inaccessible email,gotta sort that out and ill join u for sho :eek:
Ice still sucking i suppose :laff:

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I whooped your ass the last few times we played, if I remember correctly xD

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
roses are red,violets are blue my duel was a joke with you XD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea S2k is still kinda round. Though its not the same clan really. After it died when the majority of its members stopped playing (me included), it resurfaced. Dont really know who it was that brought it back, but there are still a few people who use the tag.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Yo Arsen, been a long time since the days of Kai. Hope you've been well.

Old nicks you probably remember me by: Fatality, Left Astray

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yo Arsen, been a long time since the days of Kai. Hope you've been well.

Old nicks you probably remember me by: Fatality, Left Astray
Of course i do mate. fatality worked for me there, im doing good..engaged..so if i have kids one day ill play esf final with em :D

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Nice man! Congrats on the engagement.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thx man! So if anyone is up for esf ill be running steam msg me =)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This kind of brought back some memories. I had to compile my own "pro hall of fame" as well (in the bottom) and write something about the history of dueling.
I honestly don't remember when I even started to play but a guy named Styx
was the don back then. People even till today use some of the moves and tricks he came up with.
It was very early 1.2 and probably the pros back then were old 1.1 players.
There was also someone called.. Encore(?). The pro scene was a bit quiet I suppose.

The duel madness broke out soon. There started to be a lot more players who had real skill.
I'd consider this to be the early pro generation who laid the foundations for the other players to come.
Angle hits were sort of standardized these times, you couldn't compete without "the angle hits"!
A lot of different styles were introduced etc. Usually the rule set was 3 hits max.

I don't remember too many of the names but I played with Kartsah and Kai. It was all about
"who's the best player" at least in EU! All the rolling combos, insta-hit after block / throw and other glitches were introduced.
Then later on we started to battle the USA players and there was sort of a genius player called Sarutobi Sensei. Why I say this
is because he would be a solid player with his own tricks and pretty much the first who came up with how to stop rolling combo on ground or the infinite ceiling combo.
I remember spending time trying to figure it out.. Well we got it after some time, just by pressing "b" you could do it.
It changed some aspects of dueling because at that time, it was the norm to do infinite rolling combos. Anyway we tried to settle who
was the best player of the universe and I don't remember how it came out.

Later on there would be pros who learned from these players. Sometimes surpassing their teachers. I pretty much stopped from playing for
a long time thinking ESF had been conquered. I remember last duels being with Raikhan probably. There were a few clans at that time
and unfortunately I don't remember the names (except ape). Anyway Raikhan was in our clan and he got quite decent. When I quit playing I
heard he became the top notch later. There was a guy named Sam as well whom I heard got pretty good as well.

Funny thing that you mentioned Mephisto and his scripts. Well this is the reality what I'm about to tell you. I created the "melon.cfg" in
the early days of 1.2. Everyone was wondering how to escape double tapping and make turbo/charge scripts. So yea, it seems the .cfg
survived for what.. 12 years?! I remember it also became the norm to play with scripts, some people
using only ff-swoop and others all 4 directions. I also added a script that made it easy to insta-hit after block.
I played with Mephisto quite alot.

I had like a 7 years break in the middle and then came back to take a few games (maybe for nostalgic reasons). I found some people who were
total noobs at the time when I quit and they had become the pros. Rules had changed quite a lot and people were making some crazy roof combos
I didn't witness before. Took me some efforts to learn those and re-shape my old style to fit the modern standards. I'd like to know
who was the guy that came up with those diagonal, infinite roof combos?

My ESF hall of fame:
Styx

Kartsah
Kai
Carnage
Gohan s2k
Yugi Yami
Grega
Skyrider
Arsen

Mephisto
Nord

Raikhan
Sam

Miro
Shadi
Togan
Ice-x

Sailent
Rascal

USA:
Kami Sama
Ren
Sarutobi Sensei

I'm sure I just don't remember most of the names, there were for sure more.
I used to play under the nick Master Roshi or Merce and then later on as roger_don.
Many good matches have been played during the years!

Last edited:
YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hey amigo, I think press 'B' can't stop the infinite ceiling combo, it can just stop rolling combo on ground, I remember.:smile:

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well it would stop the infinite ceiling combo if done straight up and this was very popular way to do it in the beginning. But after people started to do it diagonally it couldn't be stopped by pressing b.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kinda honored that you put me on the hall of fame. Though i wasnt really all that good ^^

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
yay im famous

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom