ESF: Final System requirements

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
There aren't specific requirements yet since the game isn't finished. However, if you can play current games, you should be good to go.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Good Dual/Quad Core CPU with at least 3ghz per core, 4gb Ram under Win7, ShaderModel 3.0 capable graphics card, but i would recommend a shadermodel 4.0 one, so Geforce GTX460 and up or ATI Readon 4860 and up..but that might change :D
So far on a Phenom 2 X4 with 3.5GHZ per core 8gb ram and an Geforce GTX660 ESF runs with stable 60+FPS on max and full HD resolution

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait dual or quad core o_O

Dont we only use 1 core anyhow?

ANBU
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That and what's with the "per core" thing?
Isn't it common knowledge that the CPU frequency power is split between all cores? A quad core CPU with 3Ghz will have somewhere around 750Mhz per core.

Leaving that aside... it seems like the minimum system requirements are decent for the age we are living in and for the graphics we've seen so far.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That and what's with the "per core" thing?
Isn't it common knowledge that the CPU frequency power is split between all cores? A quad core CPU with 3Ghz will have somewhere around 750Mhz per core.

Leaving that aside... it seems like the minimum system requirements are decent for the age we are living in and for the graphics we've seen so far.
Actually no. The speed you get is actually per core. So if you have a 3GHz Quad Core CPU its 4 times 3 GHz. The CPUs actually work so that if you are not using all cores, they give more power to the active core.

And i talked with Ryo apperantly the ocean calculations run on a separate core.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿฅ‰Legacy Semifinalist
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
so you can't use a single core? or how it works?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That i dont know. Ryo will have to answer that question since he is the one who coded it ^^

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
The OS decides wich core it uses for separete calculations like the ocean, mostly it's quite clever and used another core wich is free and doesn't have anything to do. I get around 40% CPU usage in ESF wich would be one core (25% usage on a quadcore system) for the main game code and another 15% on another core for the ocean and some other stuff.

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿฅ‰Legacy Semifinalist
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
i can use a single Pentium 4 yet? or it's game over for P4 users?

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
You can use it sure...threading just means that if you have mutiple cores the OS can use them. If you have a single core the OS might use hyperthreading on Pentium4 CPUs.
It will run on a single core system and on multicore systems, multicore systems just get better performance

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
Sure the Pentium 4 got SSE2, the Prescott one even got SSE3, SSE is pretty old Raven :D

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends on the model. The initial P4s dont have SSE2, but the ones on the LGS775 chipset have it.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
You won't have fun in ESF with such an old computer anyways :D

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
In other worlds with an i5 a GTX760 and 8GB of ram i will be able to run esf on ultra ? (i can run watch dogs on high-ultra).I doubt that i will get a decent amount of fps because from what i have seen in trailers the game looks just DAMN GREAT , everything , form destruction of the map , ocean model , character , textures,maps ,UI looks just so Perfect

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
60+FPS are allmost guaranteed, only thing wich drops fps atm is the older CPU particle system

Best answers
I have :
Memory: 1024MB - RAM
Processor: AMD Athlon ~ 2.2GHz
Display: Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT, 499 MB

(i play call of duty black ops 1,2,League of Legends,Rome2,GTA 4, with this system requirement)

Can i run ESF ? :D

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
how the hell do you get black ops 2 to work with 1 gig ram ? >.>

Super Cool Wicked Guy
๐ŸŒ  Staff
Best answers
There is some very funny terms in CG...interactive framerates, means range from 10-20 FPS :D so he could "play" it ^^ But an Athlon XP and a Geforce 8500 are most likly not enought. ESF might work but only at interactive framerates

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom