Suggestion to end release date threads

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
How about making a sticky that's updated once/twice a month at beginning and/or end, that has "X" tasks completed out of "X". And in big bold letters above the task amounts, a warning/notification that states "These numbers WILL change based on various factors." Then list a few factors like "bugs that pop up, different ideas being added, etc" this way people get a very generic idea of how far along you guys are, without an actual release date. They get to see that tasks are being completed so they dont feel like the project is at a dead standstill and when the total task amount goes up, they can still rest knowing things are being added and/or fixed.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has been suggested before. If I recall correctly, the team thought such updates would be too mundane. Also, it might give away details they want to keep secret for the time being. There should be a thread out there with this discussion, find it if you want to know more.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just make a text(manually editable) on top of forums, saying : ESF:F Release Status - Not Released.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just make a text(manually editable) on top of forums, saying : ESF:F Release Status - Not Released.
I think people are pretty aware that the upcoming update isn't released.

As Z said, there have already been a couple of threads about this, and I believe in one of them Raven even posted the amount of tasks left to do, and then explained that things are constantly being changed on the list. While it would be satisfactory for some people to know how close they are to completing the game, unfortunately having an X out of X tasks completed meter wouldn't help much, because people will still complain or ask about the release date. I know it's annoying for some people, but unfortunately there isn't much that can be done to completely stop people from making those types of threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom