2014 current state

Best answers
People only use Goku and Vegeta because they are carbon copies of each other. Same stats and everything. They are almost literally clones. Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin and Frieza are slower and thus demed useless, while Cell and Buu are demed slightly OP due to their increased speed. Though Buu is immortal in the hands of a skilled player, so he kinda is OP XD

This wasnt the case in 1.1 because the speeds were higher, so the differences were not really to noticeable, so people chose all characters available to them. Thats kinda what we are going for this time round.

May I suggest something? Could you guys make it more balanced and so that the speed, power, etc. depends on the powerlevel rather than the character?

๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
In my opinion that's not a good suggestion only because there just won't be diversity between the characters (speaking in speed, strength, etc.)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
May I suggest something? Could you guys make it more balanced and so that the speed, power, etc. depends on the powerlevel rather than the character?
Nah speed will depend on the character/form. They will be close together though. But as far as power goes, thats what powerlevel really is. Its used in calculations for damage dealt along with dalage recieved. It also affects the damage of beams and so on.

But basing speed on PL would not be a good idea, since its exploitable and unfair to late joiners.

Best answers
Nah speed will depend on the character/form. They will be close together though. But as far as power goes, thats what powerlevel really is. Its used in calculations for damage dealt along with dalage recieved. It also affects the damage of beams and so on.

But basing speed on PL would not be a good idea, since its exploitable and unfair to late joiners.
Yeah I guess you have a point. I guess it's okay just if it's not too much difference. I just thought that it could be more accurate to the anime/manga if the speed depended on your ki. On that, why not make it so that gap you mentioned before between the speed of the characters (which I suppose isn't too much) depend on the ki?

edit: Just to make that bit of a gap give you the edge over someone because of your skill/patience.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I guess you have a point. I guess it's okay just if it's not too much difference. I just thought that it could be more accurate to the anime/manga if the speed depended on your ki. On that, why not make it so that gap you mentioned before between the speed of the characters (which I suppose isn't too much) depend on the ki?

edit: Just to make that bit of a gap give you the edge over someone because of your skill/patience.

But thats really the charm of ESF (in my oppinion). The player skill is whats important. Sure you deal more damage and get less dealt to you if you have a higher PL, but if the player playing the other char is faster than you, then he will most likely win. So to improove yourself ingame you have to actually improove your reflexes and percision along with the ability to guess correctly what the opponent might do.

๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I know this is totally off topic but are the ginyu force characters separate ( Recoome, Guldo, Jeice, Burter) from Ginyu and Are All of The androids Seperate ? or is there still that buddy system?

Best answers
But thats really the charm of ESF (in my oppinion). The player skill is whats important. Sure you deal more damage and get less dealt to you if you have a higher PL, but if the player playing the other char is faster than you, then he will most likely win. So to improove yourself ingame you have to actually improove your reflexes and percision along with the ability to guess correctly what the opponent might do.
So if for example Vegeta with 3 million ki was fighting a 1,5 million ki cell, Cell would win because he chose the right character? That does not imply skill at all.

Also wouldn't that make some players angry? That for example they can't use Piccolo, their favorite character, and stick with Buu? In that case everybody would use Buu and Cell and the additions of the rest of the characters are useless?

Wait, were you reffering to characters or transformations? Does the speed of a character improve when transforming?

I think for example, for trunks it'd be this way:

Trunks base form - Middle
Trunks Ssj - Fastest
Trunks ultra ssj - Slowest

or for Frieza:
1st form: 2nd fastest
2nd form: Slowest
3rd form: 3rd fastest
Final form: Fastest

Do you mean like that? If so, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Every cahracter form has his own speed. The starting and finishing forms will be balanced out, but the in between forms we can play round with.

So if for example Vegeta with 3 million ki was fighting a 1,5 million ki cell, Cell would win because he chose the right character? That does not imply skill at all.
No when i said player i didnt mean character. I meant the human controlling the cahracter. If the player himself is faster.

Best answers
Every cahracter form has his own speed. The starting and finishing forms will be balanced out, but the in between forms we can play round with.

No when i said player i didnt mean character. I meant the human controlling the cahracter. If the player himself is faster.
Oh then I think it's a pretty cool idea! But, how do you manage to be faster? Do you mean your reflexes? Yeah, it's cool then.

By the way, I haven't had news from you guys and I'd like to ask: Is Gohan ssj2 done? I think he is the most badass character in DBZ.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Oh then I think it's a pretty cool idea! But, how do you manage to be faster? Do you mean your reflexes? Yeah, it's cool then.

By the way, I haven't had news from you guys and I'd like to ask: Is Gohan ssj2 done? I think he is the most badass character in DBZ.
Oh yes buddy, it's all about reflexes. Haven't you played 1.2.3? I know you don't like one portion of the melee system, but it's still a good game. See, it challenges you to improve your hand-eye coordination as well as your natural perceptive reflexes. ESF will enhance your perception in real life if you stick with it. (You dun even know how good I got at guitar hero after playing months of esf in 2011!))

Best answers
Oh yes buddy, it's all about reflexes. Haven't you played 1.2.3? I know you don't like one portion of the melee system, but it's still a good game. See, it challenges you to improve your hand-eye coordination as well as your natural perceptive reflexes. ESF will enhance your perception in real life if you stick with it. (You dun even know how good I got at guitar hero after playing months of esf in 2011!))
The only part I like of ESF 1.2.3 battle system is when you kick somebody and push him without any hesitation. I think you had to right click to do it.

Why did u just read this?
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
you can just hold the right mouse button :) I don't use the advanced melee either :D

Discord Member
Best answers
i didn't hate the advance melee. it's super fun pwnin noobs that' don't know the key commands to initiate. sometimes u can bash like 4 combos in 1 go if ur fast enuff. anoying for someon to try and block it all.

Why did u just read this?
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Block,run, and hit that's a nice combination xD :D

There is no hope. No light. There is only despair.
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
so people i wanted to ask if you do not mind is the mod still beign worked on?

There is no hope. No light. There is only despair.
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
good to hear this thanks for answering and have a good day

Best answers
I wish you, or one if the moderators would put a bold, emphasized sign that is read as such "STILL IN DEVELOPEMENT, NO INQUIRIES, POSTS, OR ANY FORM OF DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ARRIVAL OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT AND WILL BAN/KICK/REMOVE THE POSTS/PERON(S) ACCORDINGLY. IT WILL BE FINISHED, WHEN IT IS FINISHED."
Whats the problem for this simple question?its the forum of the mod, so why i mustn't ask for the status of the final?dont understand it..
my question is the same..any news about the final status? you guys have created a really nice mod, its awesome. i just wanna ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom