Superfighter mode

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Greetings ESF,
It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to expand on the spirit bomb suggestion below. It has potential.

I was thinking that to make this mode "funner", you could maybe change a few things up to make it more plausible.

This is haching of Buu mode:
So you have to teams. You have two Buu balls, one for each team. The objective of the game is to duke it out and deal the most damage to the other players in order to make the power gauge of the Buu ball grow. Once one of the ball hatches Buu will spawn as a difficult BOT and will charge directly for the opposing Buu ball and attempt to destroy it. The team that manages to resurrect Buu and destroy the other Buu ball wins.

Workarounds:
- Buu balls are extremely difficult to destroy by players. Strongest attacks dealing only 1 hp damage and melee doing none. Overall HP around 3000
- Players can attempt to destroy the enemy Buu once hatched. If the old PL gainer algorythm is still in place (1.2.3), dealing damage to Buu will mean massive PL boost for the player. If destroyed, you can make it so it counts as an overall WIN for the team, or also have it grant a good size PL boost to every member of the team as an achivement (congrats, you have countered Buu!) OR also channel that PL directly to their own Buu ball.
- Only the hatched Buu will be enabled to dish out significant damage to the enemy Buu ball, around 300-500 hp damage. Enemy players will have time to react and counter, but must do so very quickly.
- Two Buu balls cannot be hatched simultaneously. If one Buu is hatched, players can keep channeling energy to their ball but will have to wait until the enemy Buu or their own Buu ball is destroyed. Buu spawns as soon as the other one dies.
- WINS and LOSES are determined by destroying the ball, not Buu himself. (This is entirely optional though).

PROS:
- You are defending something. In this case the Ball defends itself since it is almost impervious to damage from normal players, but its another take on the highly offensive ESF style.
- It´s simple.
- You're fighting with an objective, its not just a mindless free for all. This will fuel some good fights.
- You can even have a 1v1 match. PL gain for the ball will be adjusted according to the amount of players in the server.

CONS:
- Bot might be easy to gang up on. In this case maybe give the bot Ultimate BOT AI, or around those lines.
- Might be boring to make Buu a Bot. But it would keep in consistent. No point in fighting someone who just randomly dissapears because it was his turn to be Buu.

I thought of the idea as I typed it, feel more than free to add and criticize.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CONS:
- Bot might be easy to gang up on. In this case maybe give the bot Ultimate BOT AI, or around those lines.
- Might be boring to make Buu a Bot. But it would keep in consistent. No point in fighting someone who just randomly dissapears because it was his turn to be Buu.

I thought of the idea as I typed it, feel more than free to add and criticize.

Actualy the current bots are a REAL pain to deal with if you dont genball spam them out. If they get in to a melee fight with you itll mostly mean that you are in deep shit ^^

As for the idea. Personally i like it. Not sure about how much coding that would require.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i kinda like this aswell,

Makes the game really round based like matches in bf4.
Not sure what the current modes are in esff but this indeed has potential :p

but uhm i'd make that 1500 health cause you don't want games to last much longer than 30 mins imo

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Now that I think of it the name of this thread needs to be changed to "Buu hatching mode"... idk why I put superfighter on there... I was thinking about instead of having a Buu Ball, you have a central player which grows inmensely strong and becomes "super", which sounds really lame.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
perhaps only one buu ball and the team that gets to a certain number of damage first makes buu hatch and then said team wins the game. perhaps upon buus release he just nukes the server with his emmense energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom