Android 16 Wip tips

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im gonna hop on my soapbox here, Making your own model is fine, its great. I fought for a long time here to encourage people to make their own content instead of modifying existing models.

This? falls in a gray area in the middle.

Using someone elses concept and 3d model as a basis for your version without including a name or link to the original is down right rude.

Best answers
Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Sculpt more details everywhere. You can add so many details, like screws and etc. Just make it look more 'robotic'. Well, this is just my personal taste and style, yet you can do your own way, of course, but overall, not bad.

And...
ofcorse, this is really highpoly, but im hoping that a normalmap will make it look fine even in lowpoly version
That depends on how good your low poly mesh is going to be and how good uv's are. These two things are extremely important for a mesh to look good with normal maps.

Best answers
Sculpt more details everywhere. You can add so many details, like screws and etc. Just make it look more 'robotic'. Well, this is just my personal taste and style, yet you can do your own way, of course, but overall, not bad.
Yeah, I planned on doing that, i will add some dirt, scratches and rusty areas, and screws are a good idea.

That depends on how good your low poly mesh is going to be and how good uv's are. These two things are extremely important for a mesh to look good with normal maps.
I already have a basemesh, but the uvmap looks aweful, and for some reason, i almost cant change anything with the geometry or the uvmap when i have subdivision levels, that is my biggest problem so far

Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Godamnit you guys keep on doing these cool models and you are going to give my computer a hard time running this game > . <
Other than that it looks pretty cool :b

Best answers
Haha thanks, and yes, if the Esf team accept this model, everybody will have hard time playing with this character, it has more than 8 million polygons (the poly limit of the game is at 8k)

Best answers
You mean my android 16? Then two. The first one is where I post all my work (its where I posted the android 16 model) and the second one is this.
What animation do you mean?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Keep working on it !!! You are doing great !!! I can't wait to play this game !!! I hope the release will be between may june july 2015

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
(the poly limit of the game is at 8k)
actually according with Raven it's 7k

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's not really a limit. More of a guideline.

Best answers
After lots of hardwork, tears and sweat. After the so many times I remodeled this character, after all your support and tips I am finally done with the model.
I know that Esf:F wants the best and only the best, so I am not actually expecting to be a part of the team or anything. I hope the team wont feel any preassure and hesitate to give me a No, I am really happy that I made this character. I learned ALOT while making him, even if it wont be ingame, I´m will be totaly fine with it.
Anyway, I textured the model and now made a lowpoly version of it and made NM, specular map and deffuse map. I rendered it, and actually, it looked kinda cool, kinda like an action figure. So, no more talking, here it is folks, the Android 16 by Zeroc Corez:

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/3/2880/2879132/android16_finalrender.png

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Wow that came out looking really cool man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom