Australian Players ~ We have a server

Discord Member
Best answers
Tunngle is simply a better version of hamachi.

Things you will need:
1) Tunngle (http://www.tunngle.net/community/files/category/1-tunngle-client/) <-- Link to download
2) A Tunngle account
3) Half-Life and ESF mod

What Tunngle Is:
Tunngle is a new program that connects players from around the world and allows them to play LAN games together. This is done by joining a specific Tunngle lobby and then searching for LAN games on the game of your choice. Tunngle is simply a better version of hamachi.

How to Host:
After you have downloaded, installed and restarted your computer all you have to do is open Tunngle and follow these instructions: Mouse over community tab, Go to Networks > Search, Type in ESF and hit Tunngle Search. You will see there is one room for the mod ESF so just double click the lobby to join it and your done ! If you want to host a server for others to join just open ESF up and create a game but make sure the box for "LAN game" is ticked :) I also need to specify that in order for people to be able to join your game you (the host) need to have typed "SV_LAN 0" and then "restart" into the console. To reiterate this: Host a LAN game, open console and type "SV_LAN 0" hit enter, type "restart" hit enter and you are done.

PLEASE NOTE:
1) Only other people with Tunngle and who are in the same lobby as you (ESF lobby) will be able to join your game.
2) The ping of anyone who joins your game/server will be determined by your internet connection and how far away they are from you. What does this mean? It means that someone from America will have a high ping playing on a server hosted in Australia and vice versa. It also means that if you live with other people that use your internet: Their use of the internet will create ping spikes for everyone else BUT you so please keep this in mind. If a host begins to lag I would suggest someone else with a more stable connection at that present time would be a more suitable host.

If anyone would like to play ESF with me I would like you to add me to your friends list on steam :) My steam I.D is : Vye Ra and I live in Australia. Alternatively you can also send me a friend request on Tunngle and my I.D is the same as my steam one.

Last edited:
3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
sooo whats the point of having Tunngle vs a dedicated server? I mean Tunngle is generally used to play cracked games multiplayer hosted on someone's computer...

Discord Member
Best answers
the point is that there is currently no dedicated oceanic server at the moment and there won't be until final comes out ~ this is just an alternative that's all :)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're running the server, aren't you able to just download the Dedicated Server client on Steam and then host the server from that? You don't necessarily need to buy a server from a host to have one running 24/7.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
If you're running the server, aren't you able to just download the Dedicated Server client on Steam and then host the server from that? You don't necessarily need to buy a server from a host to have one running 24/7.
It never seemed to work for me ~ By that I mean no one could see or join my game

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people who have that issue either don't have their ports forwarded, have sv_lan on 1, or both. Port forwarding is an easy fix: you go to your router page, find the port forwarding section, and put in 27016 (or whatever port you're using. Unless you just plan to host, you can't use 27015 and join your own game - unless this was fixed). Then in the console, put in sv_lan 0.

I don't know if you want to try what I explained above, but it's generally one of those two issues and can be fixed within minutes.

Discord Member
Best answers
tbh I've done that before but I had a lot of issues with getting it up and working ~ modem was reset awhile ago and I just can't be bothered going through all that again

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Finally got it installed after a lot of messing around, download errors etc....

Discord Member
Best answers
hey which mod is needed to play esf on tunggle?
how to join a server in that ?
plz help me!
i am having esf ecx rc2+big pack 8.4
You need a legit copy of Half-Life (By that I mean one you paid money for)
Tunggle doesn't host the ESF servers - players do. Tunggle just lets you connect to games hosted by other players who are also using Tunggle.
Once you are inside the ESF Tunggle lobby then all you have to do is open up ESF and browse for games in the LAN section or host your own.
You also need to have the same version of ESF as the other people in the game. For example: Because I only have ESF 1.2.3 (and nothing else) If I were to host a game and then open it up with Tunggle, you would not be able to join. This is because you have a modified version of ESF and I only have the original.

I hope that helped.

Best answers
You need a legit copy of Half-Life (By that I mean one you paid money for)
Tunggle doesn't host the ESF servers - players do. Tunggle just lets you connect to games hosted by other players who are also using Tunggle.
Once you are inside the ESF Tunggle lobby then all you have to do is open up ESF and browse for games in the LAN section or host your own.
You also need to have the same version of ESF as the other people in the game. For example: Because I only have ESF 1.2.3 (and nothing else) If I were to host a game and then open it up with Tunggle, you would not be able to join. This is because you have a modified version of ESF and I only have the original.

I hope that helped.
Thanks
But when i open esf and search for internet tab to play it online i came up with 1 server which is Esforces ecx af arena smwhat like that and when i connect to it it starts to download pack which got failed to download ....please help i really want to play esf online ....i live in india ...please give me ip of live servers to play it online
Thanq you

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats wrong actually.

ECX uses AMXX, as such its a server modification. Meaning he can easily join your server, but he wouldnt have access to any of the ECX features.

You can also join his server, but youd have to download all the missing models, sprites and sounds ^^

But having ECX itself is not a necesity.

Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks
But when i open esf and search for internet tab to play it online i came up with 1 server which is Esforces ecx af arena smwhat like that and when i connect to it it starts to download pack which got failed to download ....please help i really want to play esf online ....i live in india ...please give me ip of live servers to play it online
Thanq you
Games hosted on Tunggle won't be in the Internet tab, they will be in the LAN tab. If there are no other people inside the ESF tunggle lobby besides you then there will be no servers open in the LAN section.

@Grega, Thanks for clarifying :)

Best answers
While I'm not one for running 24/7 servers wouldn't it be easier to just run the server from the game with forwarding simple ports, then opening console and inputing net_start along with the command map "mapname"?

I don't know about goldsource in any sort of way but I do know the modern source engine fairly well, so forgive me if it is indeed much different than modern source. I have ran listen servers like this for TF2 and L4D2 when I don't have the space to download a dedicated server. This method works so well infact, it even works with single player only source games that allow dev console. So please forgive me if this approach would not work for what you are looking for or if it is not possible with goldsource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom