Just another nostalgia thread.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted here, but I just played ESF for the first time in years, and all of a sudden all these great memories came flashing back, it was weird and frankly hilarious that a ******* game can cause you these kinds of emotions.

So I decided to come back here and give you all a big hearty hello. Most of you probably don't remember me, some of you that do probably don't like me, and quite frankly I don't blame you, I was pretty much an idiot back then (understand me, I was 14), but nevertheless, I had a real great time "hanging" around here, playing this game and being a part of the community, as much as that was possible in my case.

That being said, I'm amazed at how the game looks now, and am still filled with the enthusiasm I had for it back then. I'm really glad you didn't give up.

So does anyone play 1.2.3 anymore? Lukyas and I (we're real life friends now if anyone remembers him) noticed that literally no one was online when we played today, we had a little fun with bots but that's about it. Still, had a great time. It's amazing what you did with the HL engine even back then. Endless fun. But yeah, it would be nice to play with real people, so if there are potentially any servers that the client doesn't pick up for some reason (I've picked up about 5 and they're all empty), drop me an IP here and I'll join in once in a while. :) And thanks again. Whenever I remind myself of ESF, and of this forum, all I get now is a good feeling in my stomach, good memories, no matter how bitter I was back then.

Yours truly,

Dzamija aka dan_esf_fanatic

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one can forget lukyas i mean the guy is addicted to WoWand Boobs

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh hello, A lot of this people coming out of nowhere thing atm

Also, You still live on in my sig :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Do not know you, but I've read your name in Damaera's sig! Could recall it clearly because of your name, may I ask how come you picked the name Dzamija? :)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do not know you, but I've read your name in Damaera's sig! Could recall it clearly because of your name, may I ask how come you picked the name Dzamija? :)
Wut

Dam doesn't have a sig

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Just spotted this thread and thought I would drop in. :p

Anyhow, I have not played Earth's Special Forces in years due to being rather busy (with life along and some programming work). I was recently thinking a couple weeks ago that the first public release came out 13 years ago. Quite astonishing that this mod being probably 14/15 years of age (counting first date of production of course when it used to be called Power Up at one point, which was before I even played Half-Life) is still being worked on. :D

Admittedly, I have been rarely posting as well. One thing I have to say is this is probably one of the longest lasting Half-Life mods in existence (not counting any official mods). That accounts for all mods over the past 15-16 years probably since Half-Life first came out (which was before owning it of course).

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey do you guys remember that Cell games map in alpha?
Those brown textures straight from the HL1 WAD and blocky geo just some feet away from the area.

Haha I think all the explosions were just spheres too. I bed that Red Saiyan guy had his mind blown when Goku's SSJ God design was red haired.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those brown textures straight from the HL1 WAD and blocky geo just some feet away from the area.

Haha I think all the explosions were just spheres too. I bed that Red Saiyan guy had his mind blown when Goku's SSJ God design was red haired.
Yea i kinda laughed my ass off when i heard that XD

RS should defenitly get compensation for getting their idea used XD

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Heya! Im still peeking around here, getting my scripts ready =D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arsen you old scripter, i allmost had you at one time (long long ago)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

okay, I have to ask because I've been wondering about this for a long ******* time.

were you ever involved in the half-life radio community? I remember seeing some guy with the same name that you used to use and I always wondered if it was you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom