Modeler app. Ryokeen sent me here.

Best answers
So I hopped on the teamspeak and managed to talk to Ryokeen about where to go to at get my word out there.
I've been following the Final for a long time and saw that post about needing some help with the 3D. Now that I'm looking to get a few more projects and practice under my belt, I decided to go ahead and offer a hand.

First, here's examples of my work. Hopefully you dont mind all the pictures.

The only thing I stick to because I found it super easy to get down is Blender and Photoshop/G.I.M.P for anything with textures, bump maps, normal maps, and all that good stuff.

I have to say that I don't have experience in making something for a game. I can, however, pick up the skill for it real easy as long as someone cares to spend a few minutes to explain how shit works. I can google the rest myself if need be. It's how I learned to do any of this stuff. Self-taught.
I work Mon-Thur, 10 hour shifts (from 6-4:30 PM) so it leaves Fri-Sun to do shit the majority of the day. Even work days also since I would rather chill the rest of the day with some easy work.

I can also do some animation and rigging. It's not my main perk but I do know how it works. With a few days of practice I can pick it back up and do whatever is needed with it but I would prefer sticking with making assets if possible. Animating can get tedious sometimes.

As far as dedication goes, I'm guaranteed to stick around for two reasons:
- I've been wanting to do some DBZ work in my collection because goddamn my childhood
- I want the technical skill and knowledge for making something that can be used in a game

If I'm missing anything, let me know. If you've got questions, ask away.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Hey good job dude those are cool pieces of work there :) was replying to your post cos I'm new here and since you asked for some pointers on how to make game assets I thought I'd share some tips I found helpful in the past :) the easiest way to gain an understanding of game asset creation I found was to one download unity it's free and is a very powerful games engine have a play about with it by importing some of your existing work into it, it will help you understand how your models actually looks outside of blender. Two practise good edge flow on your models and try to keep your poly count as low as possible whilst trying to maintain as much detail as possible. Three the best way to gain experience is to just make something for yourself set yourself the goal of making a simple game using unity you don't need to understand much coding since there is a tonne of resources out there but learning a language is very beneficial I suggest c# or python hope that helps a little and best of luck keep up the good work :D oh and yeah export to .obj and use targa rather than .png for your textures and I don't know if they are using valves hammer editor or not but have a quick look into sdk :) woop woop

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom