Hey all :) tired to speak to one of you on teamspeak but no one was on :'(

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Hey,

I saw that you may need 3D modellers to help you finish your amazing project and thought maybe I could be of service to you :D

I'm a 2nd year student at the University of Essex in the UK studying Computer Games Development and have a strong skill set in Maya, 3Ds Max, Unity, Zbrush and Photoshop. I can model low and high poly meshes, UV map and texture.

I've uploaded a quick video of what I am currently working on please note that there are some flaws :p hehe.

I'm a massive fan of DB and DBZ and gaming in general and would love to have a chat with yah :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11653042/DrakeFinal.mp4

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Oh that's great! You seem to be knowledgeable in what you do and after seeing your work, hopefully the team can make good use of you. However, the main problem with new people is that they quickly leave, hopefully your love for Dragonball will keep you motivated in working together with the team and can help them push a final release! :D

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Thanks for your praise dude means a lot and hope I can be of service :) have been following this project from a far since I first discovered its just only now that I have felt confidence enough in my skills to stick my neck out lol and yeah I know what its like with peoples commitment i've worked on some projects before that fell through due to that lol :) and yes I want the final release too lol :D

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey there,
feel free to hit me up on steam or Teamspeak3 if you can, unfortunately I can't be online the entire time, but poke me if you see me. Idling in the evenings of GMT+1 is usually a good chance to catch me on TS.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Hey :) thnx for the reply and don't worry i will do :) just added you on steam :p Shadowflare

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey :) thnx for the reply and don't worry i will do :) just added you on steam :p Shadowflare
Nice to see somebody helping the team i'm trying to learn 3ds max animation and modeling and when i will be ready i will help too.
I really want a faster release !!!

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Thnx dude :) and Cool 3Ds is a good software to start with :) but I highly recommend you teach yourself Maya since it is used by 80% of industry professionals

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
True true :) though I have to admit i've never gotten on with Blender :) I should defiantly give it another go though I've just always liked AutoDesk Products :p

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
True true :) though I have to admit i've never gotten on with Blender :) I should defiantly give it another go though I've just always liked AutoDesk Products :p
I suggest to get along with 3ds max or maya. While blender is good(though misses some features yet), it's really hard to tell what to do to fix the model if it's bugged or has problems with polygons/smoothing groups etc.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
:) couldn't of put it any better myself Robiz Btw I saw some of your work on the other threads and was very impressed good job dude :)

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
example_low_mesh.jpg
Thought i'd show a picture example of a very low mesh he'ss just over 900 polys. Thats if this attachments ever uploads lol

Last edited:
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks.

Do you have any wire-frame of the model by any chance ?
And also, do you have any other images of your "best" work ?

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Your welcome and yeah sure i'll render some out for yah :) i'm currently in the process of rendering out all of my current work and uploading it to my website gotta try and upload some games i've made too lol let me get those wireframes for the above for you first and i'll update this thread as I complete stuff :p though an example of my current work is on the dropbox link I posted at the start of this tread

--- edit ---

example_low_wire.jpg

A general look and...

example_low_wire1.jpg

A step by step of his layers hopefully I'll rig him later

--- edit ---

polyshow.jpg

So u can see the poly count its just under 1200 polys now but thats because I have not remodelled the band on his arm for a lower mesh

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks pretty nice to me. Btw, have you ever used zbrush(this one is really nice, with bunch of features like automatic uvw mapping, retopology, texturing etc.) or mudbox ?

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Yep I use both Zbrush I find to be my favourite :) mudbox is easyier to work with maya atm tho since GOZ in zbrush is a pain for me atm lol

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep I use both Zbrush I find to be my favourite :) mudbox is easyier to work with maya atm tho since GOZ in zbrush is a pain for me atm lol
GOZ a pain ? Why? You can always export the model into .obj if you can't use GOZ.

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Yeah thats what I have been doing :) just with GOZ you can send to maya back and forth and for some reason it doesnt like me lol I hate slow workflow lol

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
That model looks really good, however I have some problems with his cape, from the front and the behind it is not very pleasing and he looks thick due to the curves in the cape. Instead of just hanging straight down. However, I see that it is due to his wide hips. If this is the look you wanted then I guess its fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom