Suggestion for visible characters

Best answers
Hello everyone!
As of what I have seen in the the latest video its kinda hard to see the enemies in the game, the cursor above the players makes it easier, but its still not good enough. So what I think is best is that to make the characters glow a little bit.
Here is an example:
http://i.imgur.com/wR3hISQ.jpg
Its the latest update from NNK
What do you think?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow could you bury this thread anymore

*moved*

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you posted in the wrong section and he moved it to suggestions.

In any case, the red diamond in 1.2 and the red cyrcle in the final will be the character locators. Lets face it the real reason for such a poor character visibility is the model size. We are using 1/4 of the standard HL size models, which kinda makes them difficult to see. Thats why HL never needed those things. So making them glow wont really solve anything since the glow can be obscured by another glow far behind the target. Or even the skybox or something like that. We dont plan on putting in systems that hide your character if you are in front of the sun or something like that. Having that visibility of the other players location is in a way our implementation of sensing the opponent that they had in the serries. So it needs to be visible at all times.

Best answers
I think you posted in the wrong section and he moved it to suggestions.

In any case, the red diamond in 1.2 and the red cyrcle in the final will be the character locators. Lets face it the real reason for such a poor character visibility is the model size. We are using 1/4 of the standard HL size models, which kinda makes them difficult to see. Thats why HL never needed those things. So making them glow wont really solve anything since the glow can be obscured by another glow far behind the target. Or even the skybox or something like that. We dont plan on putting in systems that hide your character if you are in front of the sun or something like that. Having that visibility of the other players location is in a way our implementation of sensing the opponent that they had in the serries. So it needs to be visible at all times.
Hmm.. I see
well, that was it, I dont have anything else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom