Enhanced Graphics Mod

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wondering, if a enhanced graphics mod would apply for ESF 1.2.3 to get a better looking gameplay detail? Just curious ;)

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty sure there is a limit to the quality/complexity of game assets due to the nature of the HL engine. Noone makes any graphics with the intention of them looking crap - artists are limited by their skill and what the game would allow before it broke. The only way around this is to hack the sh*t out of the engine itself. Which the team did in creating ESF Final.

Sorry, but you're not about to make 1.2.3 look anything like Final just by patching assets like maps and models etc. I think add-ons like ECX and experimenting with customs assets are the best polish you've got unless you want to make the engine that would support something superior.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are talking ENB, then better not try it. VAC might ban your account for calling outside DLLs.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
ENB also only works on DX from what i know and DX is not the best choice for HL

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Sorry, but you're not about to make 1.2.3 look anything like Final just by patching assets like maps and models etc. I think add-ons like ECX and experimenting with customs assets are the best polish you've got unless you want to make the engine that would support something superior.
Wasn't talking about making it look like ESF Final..

If you are talking ENB, then better not try it. VAC might ban your account for calling outside DLLs.
But on top, idk what ENB is, so i dout I would even try it, cause its not worth my time trying to do it anyways.. I was just wondering, if its possible to do, thats all.. Wasnt saying, i was going to do it lol.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thing is. We dont really know exactly what you mean with "enhanced graphics mod". That could be many things.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wasn't talking about making it look like ESF Final..
No, but you were implying it by wanting to make it look better. ESF:F is the next version, an upgrade. If 1.2.3 looked better, it would resemble ESF:F wouldn't it?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
nah won't work,

ESF : F has a reworked engine as far as I know.
so a few shader mods won't come near the new work xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom