ESF:FINAL for linux?

Best answers
have a question, the game will be available for linux platform or only for windows???:rolleyes:

PD: sorry for my english :-/

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
have a question, the game will be available for linux platform or only for windows???:rolleyes:

PD: sorry for my english :-/
Only for windows.

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Just wondering. What about Wine, wouldnt it be able to run the thing?
Possibly but I wouldn't rely on it, plus we will definitely not officially support a linux client.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You sold out to Microsoft, mother****ers...
Blame it on valve if you wish. By the time they thought it was a good idea to support linux on HL1, we have been already to far to rewrite everything just to add support for linux.

Best answers
Only for windows.
another project for a defective OS, thanks for the reply, I hope that someday this project reaches the linux platform is much more stable than OS market. Thanks! -_-

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
That's actually something I didn't expect, will be a shame due to linux being generally better (when it works/is allowed..)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
That's actually something I didn't expect, will be a shame due to linux being generally better (when it works/is allowed..)
Its unavoidable sadly. We did most our work on an SDK that wasnt made for linux, believing that HL would stay windows only as it has been for years ever since STEAM became active. As said we would need to greatly recode a lot of things if we wanted to get it working on linux now. It could also end up breaking a lot of things to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom