Contribution Entry. (Map)

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its coming along nicely. I like the jagged rocks coming out of the ground and the texture they have. But something with the plateaus with the grass on top, doesnt look as natural as the rest of it. The plateau sides are a little too straight in my opinion. I know it would create tons more work to change it, but if they were modeled more like the rocks coming out of the ground, it would look great. Perhaps a texture change would help blend them in a bit more.

This is what I mean. In my opinion the plateau sides are a little bland & straight looking compared to the rest of it. As I said, maybe if the texture were different it would help them blend better with the environment:
http://i.imgur.com/ZNgF6Bp.jpg?1

At any rate, good stuff man.
I believe it's just the tiling favor that makes it look a little weird at this point, that plus the comparison with the, as you already stated quite beautiful jagged rocks.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well I am pretty disappointed to be honest, you made a good map tribute to the Piccolo VS A17 fight scene, and instead now it is just a general New Zealandish grassy field..

Best answers
I think its coming along nicely. I like the jagged rocks coming out of the ground and the texture they have. But something with the plateaus with the grass on top, doesnt look as natural as the rest of it. The plateau sides are a little too straight in my opinion. I know it would create tons more work to change it, but if they were modeled more like the rocks coming out of the ground, it would look great. Perhaps a texture change would help blend them in a bit more.

This is what I mean. In my opinion the plateau sides are a little bland & straight looking compared to the rest of it. As I said, maybe if the texture were different it would help them blend better with the environment:
http://i.imgur.com/ZNgF6Bp.jpg?1

At any rate, good stuff man.
Thanks. Will def look into changing that! :)

Well I am pretty disappointed to be honest, you made a good map tribute to the Piccolo VS A17 fight scene, and instead now it is just a general New Zealandish grassy field..
I still have that map on file, I just thought I'd start over didnt really like that one tbh.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks really nice, keep it up.
Btw, those last pics are from unity3D, right ?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can u show us some 360° view from up high ?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I agree with the points Twister made, but in addition I think you might have a provblem with the textures.. I do not know if they are placeholder but there needs to be a better transition in textures for the plateaus e.g. from the ground to the side, and from the side to top of the plateau.. at the moment I think that this adds to the unnatural feel which Twister pointed out before. Other than that it is coming along very nicely and I especially like those rock formations. You could have a really dark, other planet-type map, with such rock formations and matching textures for the ground.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey i'm trying to learn more about modeling (started long time ago but then i stopped but now i want again)
So my question is what program to learn at i'm pretty basic at zbrush but not more so what program to learn to become atleast pretty good modeler ??

Best answers
Hey i'm trying to learn more about modeling (started long time ago but then i stopped but now i want again)
So my question is what program to learn at i'm pretty basic at zbrush but not more so what program to learn to become atleast pretty good modeler ??
Blender is a great open source program :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom