Animations Showcase/Feedback

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hey guys, I've been animating off and on for years and started to take it more seriously and attended AnimationMentor and iAnimate. Looking to get some feedback if any.

iAnimate first

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fckvd76u9m33osz/Lisa_Run.0.mov

This is almost finished, need to fix the hilt hand popping.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/letrowzid25z96d/lisa_bunker_spline.000.mov

Almost polish phase.

And here is a dialog shot I did from AnimationMentor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pafkWiB-Jo8

then finally and overall progress reel for march.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kWSw5sGr0M

Any feed back is welcomed :)

Last edited:
Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nice! but my question is. Are you going to help the ESF devs? just a question not a foolish one.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I'm not an animator but I can give you some general feedback,

Lisa_run;
It would look better if you could animate the hair in the front as well(subtle), also the face looks quite dead, a simple breath animation could spice it up. And my last comment is about holding the sword, I would imagine it's quite difficult to run hard and hold a swordlike object as tight as she does.

Lisa_bunker_spline:
this file is not working

Class 4 Week 11- Polishing the Dialog shot:
Looks nice, I like the hand movements. You may want to look at the eye blinking, for some reason it doesn't look smooth. Also the part from frame 101 to 120(where he's pointing to himself) looks a bit too fast.

Animation Mentor Progress Reel March 2012:
Nothing to comment really

I wonder what you will show us next time.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Nice! but my question is. Are you going to help the ESF devs? just a question not a foolish one.
I have talked with DT already, they are set on animations atm. They just need models done.

I'm not an animator but I can give you some general feedback,

Lisa_run;
It would look better if you could animate the hair in the front as well(subtle), also the face looks quite dead, a simple breath animation could spice it up. And my last comment is about holding the sword, I would imagine it's quite difficult to run hard and hold a swordlike object as tight as she does.

Lisa_bunker_spline:
this file is not working

Class 4 Week 11- Polishing the Dialog shot:
Looks nice, I like the hand movements. You may want to look at the eye blinking, for some reason it doesn't look smooth. Also the part from frame 101 to 120(where he's pointing to himself) looks a bit too fast.

Animation Mentor Progress Reel March 2012:
Nothing to comment really

I wonder what you will show us next time.
The Rig iAnimate provided, the female, Has no facial controls. She is ment for 3rd person animations and in general you don't see their face so the body is what is being read. About the sword, seen plenty of films of ppl running with their sword still in its holster, there is just no holster for the hip with this rig, its on the back.

Thanks for letting me know about the bunker, i'll try to fix it, seems it doesn't like .mov files. Going to reupload it as an AVI.

I did forget to mention that both schools have completely different styles of animations. AnimationMentor is more feature films, such as nemo, toy story ect. So cartoony, things till be exaggerated. While iAnimate is more realistic.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
He means he wants to do them all himself :p
Yes sir! I don't mind that at all as we have been animator buddies for quite sometime now. So I don't want to interfere with his process that he has refined for his workflow, adding someone new to the while workflow he has would slow things down. So if he doesn't need it, then he doesn't need it :cool:

--- edit ---

Fixed the broken "bunker" link

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Neat stuff, Andy, Like we discussed before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom