The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
a new trailer just came out

who is already excited ??

they did many improvements

confirmed enemys are: kingpin electro goblin morbius and many many more!!!

i HOPE they improved the combat system too which already looks like

lets hope for more videos in next month

[video=youtube;ctb06JQOgDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctb06JQOgDc[/video]

Release Date: around march-april (probably 28 march)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Color me unimpressed.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I may get it for my collection, but I've never been hopeful for games that are being made alongside the source material.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I may get it for my collection, but I've never been hopeful for games that are being made alongside the source material.
The movie isn't "source material". The first ASM took place after the film, and I'm sure this will do the same.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, they're creating a game based on a plot that hasn't even been judged yet? Sounds like brilliant business strategy right there.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goddamnit dark. All they're doing is saying the game takes place after the movie. They know enough about the movie to do that. The first ASM game took place directly after the 1st, with Connors in prison and Oscorps rebuilding. It's legitimately the best way to make this kind of game, as the dev team is free to do basically whatever. The problem is Activision sucks ****, so all of their marvel games fall completely flat.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, whatever. Spider-man 2 was, imo, the best Spider-man game and it followed the story WHILE taking liberties with sexy black leather-clad cat chicks. I'm sure it -can- be great to have that kind of creative freedom but the movies tend to have the better plot from all the funding and multiple sources it comes from.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, Web of Shadows is better than Spider-Man 2. Don't bother arguing this point because you're wrong. Secondly, the worst parts of Spider-Man 2 were the ones that directly tied into or were related to the movie. Replace the movie parts with something from the comics and amazingly enough, it's better because while the movie may have been in production for a year and a half, there's more than 50 years worth of material to pull from comics. The only straight up movie game that doesn't suck balls is Wolverine Origins.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I just hope that the webstrings are now attached to buildings...and not the air. SM2(GameCube),SM3, Web of Shadows and the Comic version of The Amazing Spiderman where great with the swing "physics".

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
First off. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! @_@ this..... game is awesome. And second, i wanna buy it.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah web of shadows was the best for me to but short story and way to linear.

in spider-man 2 u had arena where u could fight more bosses which werent involved in story like shocker or shriek

but in game info for asm2 its saying that his has alot more bosses the the first game i cant wait for it i hope it has improved combat system as web of shadows

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Spider-Man 2 had great combat deapth and strategy, more so than Web of Shadows(which is my fave spiderman game to date) but the story suffered and allot of the missions were atrociously designed. Web of Shadows still made me feel more like spiderman, what with the precision and mobility offered in and out of combat, it was lacking in combo veriety however, and was clunky in some areas. I enjoyed the original Amazing Spider-Man game cause I like what they did with the perspective, and things felt tight, I did however miss the web physics. Here is hoping this one is far better.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depth? Strategy?

I must have played the wrong Spidey 2.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite honestly, Spider-man doesn't interest me enough to hold an entire conversation on the subject or I would be more active in this thread, but I've never found any of the Spider-man games to have an impressive level of depth. Even in Web of Shadows, there were only a couple logical combo's. I've always liked the feel of Spider-man 2 over everything else. It reminded me of when I played Vice City for the first time. New York was a really organic city and simply web swinging around was a joy in itself. I thought the story and characters, other than MJ (Kinda *****y in the movies, but that coulda been Kirsten Dunst), were pretty engaging. I definitely can't defend the gameplay though. It's just a beat 'em up more than anything. I don't think I bothered to use the "web swing kick" even once.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Spider-Man is pretty incredible among super heroes. Rather than hide away from the world when confronted with the death of a loved one, he uses that very personal loss as motivation to invest even greater in society. Spider-Man can tango with street thugs, mutant hybrids, and mechanical monstrosities, but he’s not above your everyday cat-in-tree rescue. He doesn’t have a secret lair or concealed base of operations; he’s just a guy in bright blue and red tights doing mid-air somersaults down Fifth Avenue. He wants to be seen. He enjoys this.

We had a few core goals for The Amazing Spider-Man 2: invigorate the experience with greater variety in play, more focused storytelling, and more natural pacing; deliver a world worth protecting; and finally, give you all the tools you need to make it fun to do so. It means improving and refining on what came before with fresh content, to be certain, but it also means staying true to that unique personality, using it to inform every decision we make.

We’ve added a few new things to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to achieve that end. First and foremost, we think sandboxes work best when the player’s actions (or inaction) impact the game experience, so we’re introducing the Hero or Menace system, which rewards players who save citizens and keep crime rates down through side activities — with some potentially meaningful consequences for those who shirk Spider-Man’s responsibilities. And to make it more interesting, we’ve added new crimes to thwart, like arson and hostage rescue crises, while further developing the existing ones from the first game.

Equally important is getting the “neighborhood” part of “friendly neighborhood Spider-Man” right, and creating a more diverse New York City that’s fun to spend time in. That starts with revising our Manhattan, getting it closer to the look and feel of the real thing, complete with more varied buildings and architecture, distinct districts, more realistic street sizes, and more reasons to explore.

This design philosophy of focusing on Manhattan is about more than just mixing up the aesthetics; we want the city to be your playground, which means treating it as more than a hub for going off to other, more confined places. More missions and side activities take place within the city, and many progress dynamically (e.g., you fight some thugs in the streets, their leader takes off in a car, and you chase him down). This also means getting away from the constraints of what typically defines a “level” in Spidey games, opening them up in a way that offers far more variety.

Underlying all these additions and revisions is ensuring that Spider-Man himself is still a joy to play. Web Rush — a great mechanic introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man that offers movement and action choices on-the-fly — is back, along with new abilities like dodges, rolls, and critical strikes. There are also new upgrades and special powers.

Web-swinging works a bit differently this time around, and if it’s always bothered you that Spidey can somehow soar above the city, shooting webbing into thin air rather than swinging through it, you’ll be pleased to learn the web-head now attaches to actual objects in the environment.

Moreover, by opting for more open spaces, we can offer players greater choice in tackling combat encounters — most notably by drastically increasing the number of opportunities for viable stealth solutions, as well as increasing Spidey’s prowess when striking from the shadows.

If that’s not your thing, new enemy countertypes add greater depth and challenge to combat brawls, discouraging button-mashing and incentivizing you to use your whole arsenal. We’re also changing up the pace of upgrades so that they’re something you acquire appreciably throughout the adventure.

That improved sense of pacing also applies to the story, which we’ve been crafting closely with Marvel with great attention to character. Taking place alongside the events of the movie this time (rather than after-the-fact), it takes on a more personal tone for both Spider-Man, on the hunt for Uncle Ben’s killer, and Peter Parker himself, who will have his own role to play in the narrative outside of the costume (which I’m personally excited for).

The game’s impressive cast of villains will also get their due, playing a more central role throughout the plot while providing some memorable boss showdowns.

P.S they added also new functions with WEB RUSH
im already excited for this new combat system

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Web-swinging works a bit differently this time around, and if it’s always bothered you that Spidey can somehow soar above the city, shooting webbing into thin air rather than swinging through it, you’ll be pleased to learn the web-head now attaches to actual objects in the environment.
I'll be honest. I didn't like how in the first ASM game that you could somehow attach your web to clouds so I'm glad that they've fixed that up. Honestly one of the few things that made SM games fun was the web-slinging and thats why games like Spider-Man 2, Web of Shadows and Ultimate Spider-Man etc were one of the best ones. Once some SM games lost that touch, they fell pretty bland and ASM 1 was one of the games of that selection that was misguided into that direction. I'm glad that they brought this back.

In terms of combat. After playing Web of Shadows I don't think I've seen a more immersive and detailed combat system in a SM game. I'll wait and see how the combat is in ASM 2.

I wasn't a massive fan of the original ASM but this one actually has some hope. We'll see where this goes from here.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll probably play through the first one at somepoint so I can have a focal point. I bought it, but never played it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i hope for a new trailer soon

and i hope for a new black suit on this asm as well !

Best answers
Not to try and continue this slightly outdated thread any further (even though I am) I'd have to say that Ultimate Spider-Man was the best of all the games.

But if ASM 2 has maybe some alternate characters, I think it would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom