Add a patch for bots before realese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
can anyone make a patch for ESF 1.3 about bots to work in the game?because there are too many

players that want to play with bots and i saw their posts about that so please if anyone have a file that

makes bots work or can make one please add this file or folder's link download here so everyone can play

until release end

thanks for reading

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just play 1.2.3 The Open Beta was never meant to be playable. It was meant as a test version for people to search for bugs. Its also REALLY outdated. We will not be updating it with patches or anything like that because even the intended purpose was a total failure because people played it instead of testing it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop trolling the people Zeo >.<

The release date for ESF:Final is not announced yet. We will anounce it once we are sure we can actually release on that day.

Best answers
Before I begin, yes I'm new to the forum, but I have been a follower and fan of Earth's Special Forces for about 2 years now and just got around to making a forum account today. So if I am behind on some information relating to what I am about to post, don't be shy to correct and inform me.

Alright, so I tested the 1.3 Open Beta Final release, and I think I targeted the problem as to why the game crashes when you fight with bots. Something is wrong with one of the personality types for the bots. The aggressive personality to be precise. Apparently, whenever a bot with the aggressive personality type targets the player, some error forms that instantly causes the whole game to crash at once. I have tried bots with defensive and default personalities, and although they don't attack, the game doesn't crash. They do however navigate just fine and can target the player (I once had a Krillin trying to fly around me like he was caught in orbit.) I don't know if this has something to do with any unfinished pieces of coding or incompatibilities with my current installation of Half-Life (which is up-to-date and actually runs perfectly on my computer) but it should be something to look into.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Bots in the open beta are broken, so it's not recommended to play the open beta. Too many instability issues. Would be best to play 1.2.x instead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
My brother has retrofitted some of the Open beta characters into 1.2, we found that all in all we favor the better/smoother animations and higher quality modles. No one needs an advanced melee animation anyway. It's pointless!

Best answers
Stop trolling the people Zeo >.<

The release date for ESF:Final is not announced yet. We will anounce it once we are sure we can actually release on that day.
can you count how many times you said that?

Best answers
...So let me get this straight: A fan makes a logical response that has analysed what's the problem with ESF Open Beta Final to help the admins fix the bots..... and you just simply ignore it and start taunting people about the release of the final game, and recommend to use the crappy version of ESF released 10 years ago.

Neat.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
...So let me get this straight: A fan makes a logical response that has analysed what's the problem with ESF Open Beta Final to help the admins fix the bots..... and you just simply ignore it and start taunting people about the release of the final game, and recommend to use the crappy version of ESF released 10 years ago.

Neat.
You say the current version is crappy, but the open beta isn't any better tbh. At least not from my experience. ESF 1.2.3 only crashes when I play with too many bots for too long, like real long. 1.3 beta crashes if I sneeze wrong.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A fan can analyze all he wants, but that isn't going to magically fix stuff on its own. You want the devs to take time off of working on the final version on the mod to "fix" some unfinished bot ai, that was never intended to be fully functional, in a super buggy beta build that was only intended for testing purposes. The bots aren't the only thing preventing people from playing the Beta release, as puma agrees on.

The version released 10 years ago is the most stable version you can play on, besides it being the most complete ESF experience you can get regardless.

Also, don't be so sarcastic all the time. If you have issues with ESF, you are better of staying away from it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Neat.
As pumadace2000 said, the Open Beta is pretty unstable. Despite whether or not you agree with what was said or how, it honestly isn't worth it to go back and add a patch for bots in the Open Beta. ESF 1.2.3 is far more stable than the Open Beta, as well as more populated. I'm sure having a patch for bots would help bring life back to the open beta release, but you have to realize that the lack of bots didn't have much to do with its current (or lack thereof) playerbase.

In the future, please refrain from reviving old threads.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Neat.
Just to clear things up. While we did ignore the bots and probably will do so in the future with what concerns the Open Beta, i myself tried to get in contac twith the person to no success. Its like he posted that and dropped out of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom