Korin's Tower

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its TakeDown Master :p
Anyway, since u are thinking in making the entire tower, than, he must reduce the poly count on those railings more than a bit, maybe half would be fine, but, i still think he needs to add more details to those round walls.
The details will come with the texture and bump maps, I'll work on that when I'm done with the main model.

🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
i didnt mean the small details that can be added with textures, i mean it need to be more round, raize the polycount on that, the walls are too flat, also, its a small area, it wont increase the polycount that much.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay i reduced the total poly count to ~19000(i guess i can't get it any lower, without loosing main details) for whole map, but... I have a problem with the bottom part, and it needs to be redone, as it was glitchy and, as TakeDown said, it wasn't round enough, and besides that, there were problems with it(that were creating the flat effect and other bugs).
SO I'll start doing some massive job on that from tomorrow, and as i have next week free, I hope I will complete the model(main model without textures) till Tuesday or something like that.

Last edited:
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have any more pics for the inside? I think it's coming along quite well. As Layne stated yesterday there still seem to be some slight boolean issues but I think you know that already. Looking forward to some new pics, and possibly a wireframe overlay as well ?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Do you have any more pics for the inside? I think it's coming along quite well. As Layne stated yesterday there still seem to be some slight boolean issues but I think you know that already. Looking forward to some new pics, and possibly a wireframe overlay as well ?
I'm working on that boolean issue atm, i hope that in ~3 hours i'll post some more pictures and wireframe pics.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like that a lot so far and especially that you are constantly improving. I hope the other have some more comments for you :)

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Also, any ideas how should i make the windows ? First i thought i will just exturde the edges and bevel the faces, but there were some problems, because one of the edges left hanging unwelded. Is that allowed or should everything be welded?

Edit: I might have found the reason of all the window problems ^_^

EDIT2: ^ or maybe not :/

EDIT3: Actually i maybe found a new even better solution :)

EDIT4: Seems like it worked, gotta check if it creates any bugs.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Made two pics for u with some crits. i think u should do this, most of ur bugs will disapear. On the second pic, u realy must cut that plane, otherwise, it will be bugy as fuc*. Remember, each plane should have 4 sides, sometimes 3, but there are exceptions, for example, hexagons. If the verts get inside the plane, that will cause errors, i already told u that. Anyway, its getting nice, keep it up.
http://imageshack.us/a/img34/6844/xm5g.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img593/2548/aigo.png

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Made two pics for u with some crits. i think u should do this, most of ur bugs will disapear. On the second pic, u realy must cut that plane, otherwise, it will be bugy as fuc*. Remember, each plane should have 4 sides, sometimes 3, but there are exceptions, for example, hexagons. If the verts get inside the plane, that will cause errors, i already told u that. Anyway, its getting nice, keep it up.
http://imageshack.us/a/img34/6844/xm5g.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img593/2548/aigo.png
Thanks for reply, I'm gonna try do the things you said right now.

EDIT1: Okay the doors are now completely fixed, looks ugly with those cuts in wire view, but are nice in renders :) Gonna get to the rest things now.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
well, u wont be seeing wireframe ingame, so, dont care about that. That's something that needs to be donne.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Also do you have any tips how to do that second img? I mean i have like over 500 verts on single bump(circle) , what would be the fastest way to connect it to the outter edge ?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would Robiz even need to do the bottom thing you suggested? It looks like the floor is a separate object than the wall, I thought you only had to connect the vertices only if they were being extruded from the same object (if that makes sense).

As a side note, what you could probably do is delete the floor, select the edges that would touch the floor and do something like this: http://i.imgur.com/dkBBtdt.png

Basically what I did was select the edges as I said, extrude the edges in 3 times (so you have those two sections in the center), and then weld all the polies between the gap together to connect them all and have them be perfectly in the middle.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
U r right damaera, i thought the floor and the walls were on the same element, but looks like they are not. Damaera is right, what he's saying is what i wanted u to do, its very easy to do, should take u 30 seconds :)

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
U r right damaera, i thought the floor and the walls were on the same element, but looks like they are not. Damaera is right, what he's saying is what i wanted u to do, its very easy to do, should take u 30 seconds :)
Yeah, i'll try. First i did something like this, but created a spline out of the wall edges, and extruded, and applied a shell modifier and then did boolean. After that i Union- Boolean the wall and floor. I'll try to remake that.

🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
most of the times u use boolean, its f*cks up ur model (wires and verts), so, i recomend u to detach only the faces that will be changed to a new model, then, after applying boolean, remove all the extra verts and redo wires, after that just attach to the main model again and weld verts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom