Korin's Tower

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
cool, looks a lot better now :)
Gotta figure out how to make a good door frame and reduce the railing poly's , because it's taking over 20'000 polys and is serious problem actually.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The railing has 20k+ polies? Post a wireframe shot of it o_O

It looks a lot better now but the distance between the poles is still off. I also still think that the railing should be closer to the edge of the platform, it still looks too far away. For the door, I think you should move the top part down so it has more of a wider feel to it. Look at the reference you posted and you should be able to see what I mean. As for the door frame, just do what you did with the windows, except apply it to the door.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The railing has 20k+ polies? Post a wireframe shot of it o_O

It looks a lot better now but the distance between the poles is still off. I also still think that the railing should be closer to the edge of the platform, it still looks too far away. For the door, I think you should move the top part down so it has more of a wider feel to it. Look at the reference you posted and you should be able to see what I mean. As for the door frame, just do what you did with the windows, except apply it to the door.
I just noticed something horribly wrong with the poles :rolleyes: ... Also do you mean that poles are not close enough at the stairs or generally everywhere, because if i want to make them closer , I must add some more poles , which means that I get more polys. I'll post a wireframe of everything tomorrow, hopefully.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the progress :) if you could post wired then ppl might better be able to help you with the poly structure issues

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there anything to see yet when the lid is gone :- )?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay guys, started to work on the windows again. I need your honest critique, how bad are those ? Also I could close the holes in between the windows, but i'm not sure if it wouldn't make any bugs. If they are too bad, I'll try to remake them, in an other way (not sure how , but I'll figure that out.

Also don't mind the weird shadows, as that is because some parts are still "parts", and not attached in any way.

http://i.imgur.com/p32G8RB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lH6Yu1Q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iOfEcPJ.jpg

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Good news... Next week is free for me, so there will be way more updates than there are now :)

Also no one answered the question if the windows in those pictures are okay, or should be redone better(i can do it if it's necessary)

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I think the Windows are pretty much alright, put a glass in and you should be fine. I guess there is a glass isn't it ?

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nice and steady progress :D Can't wait to see more ;)

🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
since that is a small map, u can increase the details and dont have problems with the polycount, so, in my opinion u should redo, not only the windows, but the entire round faces, I can clearly see the edges. Btw, hows the poly count by now?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
since that is a small map, u can increase the details and dont have problems with the polycount, so, in my opinion u should redo, not only the windows, but the entire round faces, I can clearly see the edges. Btw, hows the poly countby now?
I'll see what i can do with the windows.

Well the polycount is ~30k, but that's because 20k is railing. I haven't got to that yet, but i'll have to figure out how to make the poly's of railing way lower.

🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
yeah, u could decrease that just a bit, like i said, u wont have many problems witht he polycount since this is a small map. Anyway, when i said to redo all the round faces, I didnt mean only the windows, but the entire building. All shapes that need to be round, should have more details, cuz they are too flat right now.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well the map might not be that small Take-Down Master. This is just a first talk of creating the actual tower, then we will see how we could integrate it in a proper world model, I have some ideas but I want to wait for RobiZ to actually finish the model.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't really like the idea of recreating "everything" as it may break a lot of things. For now i'll just do everything in my pace as i did

🌠 Staff
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Take-Down Master.
Its TakeDown Master :p
Anyway, since u are thinking in making the entire tower, than, he must reduce the poly count on those railings more than a bit, maybe half would be fine, but, i still think he needs to add more details to those round walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom