New game mode, VERY INTERESTING CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
What if you did a similar concept to a king of the hill multiplayer mode, except a little different. here is the run-down of my idea:

Name of game mode: Spirit Rush or Dragon Rush (just 2 ideas, feel free to choose your own of course).

there are 2 teams, good and evil

on the good team, one player is tasked with making the spirit bomb (and assumes the role of goku of course) and is protected by the rest of the good team. the spirit bomb would need to take a lot longer to make than it does in deathmatch/team deatmatch otherwise the game would be too quick. the player making the spirit bomb has a little mini game similar to dancing games like bust a move where directional buttons flash on screen and the player has to press them at the right time. this means the player is not just standing\hovering mid air holding down the left mouse button for 10 minutes which would be very boring lol. the more button prompts the player misses or get wrong, the longer the spirit bomb takes to make.

each time the player kills an enemy with the spirit bomb, the mini game gets faster making it harder to form the spirit bomb (this means that despite the evil team losing 1 of their players, the game is still balanced so it is still possible for the evil team to win). to balance this out a bit more, the person making the spirit bomb also gets the remaining ki the last killed enemy player had donated to their next spirit bomb.

the player making the spirit bomb also has a shield so none of the enemy team can get a cheap stealthy attack in. the shield must be depleted in order for the enemy team to begin damaging the player who is forming the spirit bomb. this shield could be explained as the force of the spirit bomb driving evil entities back away from the person who is forming it.
once the shield is down (it reduces from ki shots at the player, but melee does not work against the shield) it does not regenerate unless your team decides to give up a portion of their health to put the shield back up, and even if the players decide to do this the shield will be significantly weaker than it was at the start of the game. the team-mates have to defend the player who is tasked with forming the spirit bomb, but if they die they do not respawn (for this reason, they are made a lot more powerful than the evil team) so they need to also defend each other. once the spirit bomb is made it takes out one of the enemy players (the player chooses which one, and has to aim and hope it hits).

once an enemy player gets hit by the spirit bomb they automatically die and do not respawn. Also whatever ki they had left before they died goes towards the next spirit bomb. once all evil players or the person making the spirit bomb gets killed the round is over (good idea for a victory message at the end of the round would be "spirit bomb triumphant" since this is actually a name of one of the episodes of dbz, adding a bit of reminiscent value to the game mode) and the teams swap so the evil players are then the good players.

If the 2 teams both win each turn, then a sudden death mode takes place.

In sudden death, frieza from the evil team begins forming a death ball, and goku from the good team begins forming a spirit bomb. the rest of the players have to fight each other and attempt to weaken the enemy player who is forming the death ball/spirit bomb. in sudden death, all the players respawn but have to wait 30 seconds to respawn. the players forming the deathball and spirit bombs cannot be killed in this mode, instead every energy attack that hits the player forming the death ball/spirit bomb slows down the attack meaning it takes longer for their move to finish forming. Whoever finishes forming their attack first wins, meaning their team wins.

This would be a very fun and unique game mode, requiring a lot of teamwork and strategy and also would be a nice refreshing change after playing deathmatch and ctdb modes all the time.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it is really can to be very very nice but this will be just a mode not always the admin send a question for who wants normal and who wants this mode
that could be nice think about it esf team

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i think something like this(very very similar) was suggested a while ago.

Best answers
apologies if this has already been suggested. But I think it would be a very interesting game mode. At least to be taken into consideration. Of course this should just be 1 game mode only, not part of deathmatch or ctdb.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So its a team death match with win animations and a time limit while one person plays an increasingly harder game of DDR so he doesnt get bored ^^

Best answers
So its a team death match with win animations and a time limit while one person plays an increasingly harder game of DDR so he doesnt get bored ^^
Sounds great 10/10 ship it out were done here everyone go home

Best answers
Or instead of making a spirit bomb, a team can gather the dragon balls instead. You know, like the frieza saga

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Or instead of making a spirit bomb, a team can gather the dragon balls instead. You know, like the frieza saga
And kill each other, stealing the balls. And first who will call the dragon, will wish the WIN.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And kill each other, stealing the balls. And first who will call the dragon, will wish the WIN.
Thats how CTDB works in 1.2.3 and in 1.1 >.>

Only you can freely set the number of wishes you need to make. Every wish increases the counter by 1 and the friendship wish increases it by 2.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thats how CTDB works in 1.2.3 and in 1.1 >.>

Only you can freely set the number of wishes you need to make. Every wish increases the counter by 1 and the friendship wish increases it by 2.
I never knew this D: Must be, because i haven't played much of 1.2.3 in massive multiplayer servers

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never knew this D: Must be, because i haven't played much of 1.2.3 in massive multiplayer servers
CTDB was never really used. So im not surprised people didnt know what it was. Usually people just set the wish limit to 0 (infinite) and started spamming the PL wish >.>

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
CTDB was never really used. So im not surprised people didnt know what it was. Usually people just set the wish limit to 0 (infinite) and started spamming the PL wish >.>
Oh, so basically the mode, where dragon balls were in map, it was the CTDB ? The player wish level( it is the score of team wishes, right?) now makes sense actually, never understood what it is.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, so basically the mode, where dragon balls were in map, it was the CTDB ? The player wish level( it is the score of team wishes, right?) now makes sense actually, never understood what it is.
Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom