Little advice, before finishing esf:

Best answers
why not, its the last realese and the game is just awsome, to make even better a singleplayer mode would be perfect. I know that every dbz fan knows the story of dbz but budokai 1-3 also had storymodes!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF has always been a multiplayer-only game. To make a story mode, it would be tons of additional work: character models, maps, etc. It would delay the release by years.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why not, its the last realese and the game is just awsome, to make even better a singleplayer mode would be perfect. I know that every dbz fan knows the story of dbz but budokai 1-3 also had storymodes!
Yea like the single player in battlefield is so great.

Multiplayer games should stay multiplayer and not try to force a single player story, that usually turns out really really shitty. Same goes the other way round. If you put multiplayer in to a single player game just for the sake of having multiplayer, then dont do it, cause itll suck.

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
@Grega: No, in some singleplayer games it would be nice to have an multi or coop gamemode, the best example is skyrim or Oblivion, just imagine how much more fun it could be to play it together with an friend! But on the other hand u are right, it's up to the game. :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lately i tend to skip singleplayer games if they don't offer co-op modus.

I only play co-op/Multi.

But yeah like grega said, multiplayers should stay multiplayer.
Singleplayers with a good storyline should atleast offer co-op imo :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do single player games need some form of multiplayer? I hate it when single player franchises eventually introduce multiplayer (whether it be co-op or deathmatch, or anything) to their games, not every game needs multiplayer.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, I can give or take. It's optional, other than how they ruined ME3 with it, and you don't (usually) pay extra, so may as well have some form of multiplayer.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ME3's mp was actually pretty damn fun. Should it determine the outcome of the campaign? No, but if it enhances it, I'm all for it.

Best answers
I have a new idea, im not sure if it was suggested before so I will go for it.
I know that the ESF team does not want to make a singleplayer mode( story mode) because they thinks that no one will play them, well you can make a single player mode wich has different missions to unlock new characters, that way every body who want to have many characters(im pretty sure everybody want to have many characters) will play the singleplayermode, and you can also make those missions in the multiplayer mode where you can form a team and complete those missions, Im also pretty sure that whoever want to make a mode to the final realese IS going to make more missions!
How does that sound?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That sounds like 5 more years work at this pace. What they will do is enough, dont push it!

Best answers
That sounds like 5 more years work at this pace. What they will do is enough, dont push it!
you might be right, but you never know, they might actully get the job done in less than five years, maybe two years!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a new idea, im not sure if it was suggested before so I will go for it.
I know that the ESF team does not want to make a singleplayer mode( story mode) because they thinks that no one will play them, well you can make a single player mode wich has different missions to unlock new characters, that way every body who want to have many characters(im pretty sure everybody want to have many characters) will play the singleplayermode, and you can also make those missions in the multiplayer mode where you can form a team and complete those missions, Im also pretty sure that whoever want to make a mode to the final realese IS going to make more missions!
How does that sound?
It's never going to happen.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A and C. It's an online competitive game. That's what its always been and that's what it'll always be.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, i give up
Story has been done and overdone. We are making a multiplayer game with multiplayer as the only focus. That way the important stuff can have our full attention, instead of mixing in some wacky tacked on half arsed story mode (like BF3 did)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Gotta ask because I can't seem to find info on it ATM, what about bots? Those will be in, right?
If not, any possibilities for the userbase to create Bot AI?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bots are working in the game ATM. As for the user AI. Rick released the ESFBOT 4.2 code a long time ago. If you dig though the old forum posts from the old bot section (i believe it got merged with the scripts and pluggins section as we know it now, but sky should shed some light on that) you might find the link.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Grega, a way for that powerlevel control feature to work as in make sense would be if players started at say 50% of they're max PL and depending on how far they go, the Ki (was going to say Chakra) consumption would vary.

For example: You start as Vegeta with 50% PL. When you increase your PL , you'll have a higher powerlevel (obviously), higher damage output but higher Ki consumption. Lowering your PL would mean you have lower damage but less Ki consumption. This could make for various strategies inside the game. Obviously this Powerlevel control should not take long.

Best answers
Grega, a way for that powerlevel control feature to work as in make sense would be if players started at say 50% of they're max PL and depending on how far they go, the Ki (was going to say Chakra) consumption would vary.

For example: You start as Vegeta with 50% PL. When you increase your PL , you'll have a higher powerlevel (obviously), higher damage output but higher Ki consumption. Lowering your PL would mean you have lower damage but less Ki consumption. This could make for various strategies inside the game. Obviously this Powerlevel control should not take long.
I actually like this idea, but what you think wouldnt take long might actually take some time for real gamemakers.I shouldnt be the one talking, because I always come up with ideas and say that it souldnt take long xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom