Contribute to ESF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I saw that you guys are letting others help you with your progress of ESF.Now I'm no good when it comes to modding or developing a game.But I couldn't help but notice that you've done a really great job with the melee combat system.I certainly like it.From what I've seen,the tiers are special moves that have a bit of each character's personality in it.So I was thinking that I,and everybody else like me who want to help but lack skills in developing games,could come up with certain animations for the characters that you can use to make the combat system even cooler.I know it could mean more work,but if anyone can do it it's you guys.Everybody can come up with these and you could just select the ones that you think are best for each character and "make them happen".Personally I believe that the melee system has a HUGE importance in a game like ESF, so why not make it look cool as well?Besides,all of DBZ characters are supposed to be martial arts experts...What do you think?

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure by what you mean by come up with moves but DT is an awesome animator and has already don't a lot with animating everything awesomely so far

Best answers
I mean that I or we could send some videos with a fight scene or post a link to a video like this.So,if there is a certain combo that you think it is great or powerful or pleasing to the eye you just send it to the one who is in charge of the animations and he can use it in the game.This way the tiers(special move with a cool animation) can be done with the help of others.Imagination is the key.
Example: Let's say that I'll send you a link of a fighting scene from a movie where there is a cool combo.The animator(if he wants or think it is worthy)can incorporate the combo in the fighting system to one of the characters he think it suits best.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure DT has it covered.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean that I or we could send some videos with a fight scene or post a link to a video like this.So,if there is a certain combo that you think it is great or powerful or pleasing to the eye you just send it to the one who is in charge of the animations and he can use it in the game.This way the tiers(special move with a cool animation) can be done with the help of others.Imagination is the key.
Example: Let's say that I'll send you a link of a fighting scene from a movie where there is a cool combo.The animator(if he wants or think it is worthy)can incorporate the combo in the fighting system to one of the characters he think it suits best.

Unprobable unless those scenes meet our time restrictions. Our longest melee animation is round 4 seconds long. And we are talking a Tier special move. We decided to keep all melee encounters fast and fluid. So with a maximum charge combo melee you will not be slowed down for more than 3 seconds and so the flow will not be interrupted as it was in 1.2

If the animations meet those time restraints then i see no harm in posting a few to give dalte and DT some fresh ideas for all the chars/forms.

Best answers
Unprobable unless those scenes meet our time restrictions. Our longest melee animation is round 4 seconds long. And we are talking a Tier special move. We decided to keep all melee encounters fast and fluid. So with a maximum charge combo melee you will not be slowed down for more than 3 seconds and so the flow will not be interrupted as it was in 1.2

If the animations meet those time restraints then i see no harm in posting a few to give dalte and DT some fresh ideas for all the chars/forms.
Great.Then I'' post a couple of videos for starters...The videos will be about 5 -1o minutes long,but they may have more combos of interest in them that meet the required time limit.I'll just tell at what minute and second to look for it.

--- edit ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6k6UerIOb4

At 3:46-3:48 The choke-It is something that I would see kid buu do.
At 4:03-4:05 The elbow block and hit
4:05-4:07 Knee to stomach and heel to face
4:08-4:11 Block choke punch and elbow to the face.
4:14-4:17 Too awesome to miss it.
4:30-4:31 The sidekick
4:51-4:53 Flying knee.

Obviously the video has more combos,but these are the ones I think are the best.
Let me know if you like them and if you want me to post more.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ongbak is not Dragonball Z and its so far I know diffrent in fighting styles.
Think you can better come up with the anime it self and find some good stuff there.
But think DT got this one covert :)

Best answers
Ongbak is not Dragonball Z and its so far I know diffrent in fighting styles.
Think you can better come up with the anime it self and find some good stuff there.
But think DT got this one covert :)
It's not ong bak itself that I was trying to post but specific moves....The anime itself was very poor when it comes to combos to say the least.

Last edited:
Best answers
I think the artist most likely would reserve this honor to himself :) If you made a video you wouldn't want someone else to decide how it was going to be, right? I mean, there's probably a reason why they want to spend their free time animating a Dragon Ball game :p

Best answers
I think the artist most likely would reserve this honor to himself :) If you made a video you wouldn't want someone else to decide how it was going to be, right? I mean, there's probably a reason why they want to spend their free time animating a Dragon Ball game :p
You have a point there.I was trying to help and seeing how this is the only way I can be useful...you get the idea.Besides there's always nice to have a place to look for fresh ideas when you're out.If they'll want more they'll ask,if not, good luck then.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Frieza's Grab

Fast forward to 4:57

Now I know it's not actually from the series, but this would just be awesome for one of frieza's grabs. I figure it's possible since they both got the tails? Maybe final forms grab. (Assuming grab animations are form specific) But that's up to you guys, I just wanted to makes a suggestion XD I'ma play the hell outta frieza!

[video=youtube;DUlhSOySrRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DUlhSOySrRc#t=297s[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom