*Map* ESF_Buu

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I would also like that! It would be a great incentive if we could help the developers and the community out! If there is no time in doing this, can we just get a "short guide" what we should be working on? So we can look on other tuts on Google!

We do know that trying to complete a map that has been made in 3ds max, isn't something you learn overnight and you should have some experience with the program.
Some tutorial, maybe team know other easier modeling programs than 3dsmax. Can DAZ3D Hexagone(it's free) done the job?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Very good idea but i have no experience on mapping. I'm going to read tutorial to see.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can't you seperate the offtopic tutorial thingy with actual map suggestions/content made ?
if i see this topic up i'm like yay someone tried :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I really wish I had a skill that could be applied here to help, unfortunately I don't.

I'm not even sure how well the turn-out will be either, people aren't going to be motivated to do things in their free time.

To me, the reward of early access would be excellent, I had early access to NNK, by like an hour, for transcribing the Release Q&A.

Having your name mentioned for your work on such a big project would be huge inspiration to work on this, for me anyway.

Hopefully some others have a similar view and will help you out, so far there seems to be alot of negativity.

Good luck regardless, I'm still cheering for you :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i am learning 3d this year at the moment i know the basic and some knows about rendering with vray.i hope find some time to see this.thanks team for this

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Wassup dudes. Really wanna help. I can start out with cookies/sweets models and textures. Do you guys need spec, normal maps also? What resolution? What polycount?

edit: also, guys, maybe you have collected a library of buu's map reference images or something like that?

Keep up good work, lads

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

I am an apprentice mapper. But I prefer to work on "alive" "community" games (and now i have no time). Like Zeq2-Lite.

Some of my work.

Zeq2-Lite

DragonBall Source

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am an apprentice mapper. But I prefer to work on "alive" "community" games (and now i have no time). Like Zeq2-Lite.
Except this community and game are alive and you're just trying to be a troll so stop it

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
esf bu map

i like make maps and i want to help the team,some of my maps city_180.jpg majin_bu_house_120.jpg capsule_125.jpg cellgame.jpg desert_296.jpg namek_103.jpg Unity 2012-09-04 23-38-23-20~1.jpg

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
Sup, just made this after work, tell me if you need this. It has normal/spec maps

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6U0rm0gmQI

There was also this. I dunno if you use VBOs but it may help a bit.

Not quite. NNK uses second Generation maps. Where you need to make a BSP file for the collision. We did away with the BSP part and are using only the model itself for the map. Hence why we can expand it past the boundaries of standard HL maps.

Basically you need something that can produce an FBX file. As for the textures.

You can go up to 4096 x 4096. But try to keep the material count as low as possible. Since each new material will increase the load and adding to many materials might cause lag on the map.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
mmmmmm soooo hawtttt donuttttt, but i believe these donuts and cookies will be scaled pretty big because the players are shrunk inside of Buu's stomach, so the food would be much bigger.

So increase the polys on them so they look more roundedssss. Then maybe another donut, with pink frosting etc. looks hawt tho

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
So texture should be pretty big too? Its 1024x1024 now, should i make it bigger?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't listen to Dalte.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
No trolling when there is actually ontopic stuff going on mkay...

1024 is fine for those objects

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
up

the map need the brain

Attachments

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom