*Map* ESF_Buu

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
More veins are blended. With smoothing in, it looks quite good and everything blends in most of parts.

The polycount at the end with smoothing I believe can reach around 30k triangles. Can anyone tell me what is average polycount for ESF map?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks nice indeed, maybe a bit to shiny on some places.
Also the left bottom corned of the pic is a bit empty imo.

nice job =)

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks, Raven. It seems like I've a lot of polygons to spend, but I will stay modest and will try to finish at 80k then.

To Plankman: thanks! It might seem shiny because of 3 point lighting I've used and it's not finished. FAR from being finished and I am planning on adding some more cool stuff :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I guess that this map is very different from others, as they are open and have certain borders which players can not pass and you can still see far into the distance. This map however, will be small in that sense. However, people can move freely into all parts of the maps. But with a lot of players, beams flying here and there, the map can get crowded real fast. This can be the beauty of the map, a real "warzone".... but I wonder if it will be executed properly for this type of gameplay instead of being too cramped..

Good testing will be very important!

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am curious about the ceiling, can you post a few pictures of that :) ?
Still waiting on that thing from Layne.
And that thing from Ready, for that matter.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
I hopefully alpha maps of slimes between veins won't kill the perfomance too much... *sight* ;)

and @ Baaja - scaling is not a problem ;)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was bored so i thought i might make a little something for the ESF team that was asked for here. The ground and intestine textures

GROUND
http://s699.beta.photobucket.com/user/DeanoDave/media/Buuinside_zpsc19dee47.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

INTESTINE
http://s699.beta.photobucket.com/user/DeanoDave/media/intestine_zps4131e81a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

The imaging was a little to big for the forum to handle at "1024 x 2048" so i just used a direct link instead. As they are now i think they look alright, but could always have something done with them i suppose.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks good there gigrs :)
The only comment i can think of atm is that
the ceiling is rather empty looking or it could be just the picture.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Ok, here is an update. Somes mistakes of verts connection is there, because of applied and non-collapsed turbosmooth. Polycount should not go higher then 80k triangles.

Still a wip, but it's getting there. Now everything blends since all parts are attached to the main stomach model.

Things left to do:
* add more veins
* add slimes
* add holes for steam to leak
* fix uv's for everything to tile perfectly and blend it
* add SSS map
Decided not to use glow map.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I'm sure that looks allot better than the inside of my stomach! Really good work though, love the colors and feel of it all, nice and creepy. Looks like there are allot of ambush spots.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Just some fancy alpha planes to give a better fine details feeeling to the scene.

----
another idea is to add waterfall/stomach acid running channel or whatever that is.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I kinda like to see a before and after if you add those sss maps.
Not really sure how they affect the visuals. Saw a few pics on google but still no clue what they do lol.

About those slimes.
I see slimes as a fluid hanging down from the ceiling,
Or slime as in a fluid on the ground slowing things, and the wobbly wob effect.
Not sure how good that is going to work out as i've never seen such thingies in hl engine.
Well they were seperate animated mdl files before but with the new system i just don't know.

Only the waterfall there looks a little flat.
Not sure if theres going to be ingame effects to make it look better like the waterfall the team showed before.

Other than that, Nice work.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
I kinda like to see a before and after if you add those sss maps.
Not really sure how they affect the visuals. Saw a few pics on google but still no clue what they do lol.

About those slimes.
I see slimes as a fluid hanging down from the ceiling,
Or slime as in a fluid on the ground slowing things, and the wobbly wob effect.
Not sure how good that is going to work out as i've never seen such thingies in hl engine.
Well they were seperate animated mdl files before but with the new system i just don't know.

Only the waterfall there looks a little flat.
Not sure if theres going to be ingame effects to make it look better like the waterfall the team showed before.

Other than that, Nice work.
SSS is Subsurface scattering. Well in man kind words its like epidermic under the skin :). Like blood veins and etc that you can see through skin (so in this case through the diffuse you see what is bellow it).

Waterfall is definitely flat. All these matters are handled mostly by ingame shaders which they have written.

Slimes yeah I WILL add it YET. RIght now I added more web like veins through alpha planes ;)

Thanks for support anyhow.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yah i knew what it stood for ^^
Google told me but still no idea how it will actually look ingame compared to no sss.

And support? all i've done is tell you what i think be it good or bad.
It's not that i helped you lol.

But ya still nice work on the map :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom