• tien =)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • turnip

• gohan

• Total voters
Best answers
ok so once aghain im getting spammed with things such as you have trojan and spyware on your computer. I kept in mind not to lcick on icons that atre spamming me but this time my internet homepage changed to a anti virus website that gives me reccoomendatioons not im starting to worry =\ what should I do? also when this started some weird anti virus system installed itself into my computer but i didint install it. help plz =\. AND I remember that when this happened last time a security toolbar comes up( can't get rid of it ) and last time it said security level is 4 oyut of 10 and it is the same this time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The "anti-virus" that installed itself is no doubt part of the virus. I don't know enough to give a diagnosis, but when I did something that got me a virus, after my best efforts to fix the problem, I decided it would be easiest to simply reformat. Hopefully some people here can help you so you don't need to take such drastic measures, but be prepared that you may have to if you can't get this cleaned off.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok so once aghain im getting spammed with things such as you have trojan and spyware on your computer. I kept in mind not to lcick on icons that atre spamming me but this time my internet homepage changed to a anti virus website that gives me reccoomendatioons not im starting to worry =\ what should I do? also when this started some weird anti virus system installed itself into my computer but i didint install it. help plz =\. AND I remember that when this happened last time a security toolbar comes up( can't get rid of it ) and last time it said security level is 4 oyut of 10 and it is the same this time.
Do you use Internet Explorer? If you do, then you should switch to something else, such as Mozilla Firefox. I haven't had one virus since I switch to Mozilla Firefox, which was kind of odd. Anyway, that was just a suggestion.

From your description, it sounds like your computer was hit pretty hard by a virus. Reformatting at this point may be your only option since it's extremely difficult (sometimes nearly impossible) to remove every instance of a virus once it's *****ded (e-m-b-e-d-d-e-d) into your computer.

Best answers
now that you mention it this all started after i uninstalle dmozilla firefox !_!

anyway how do I reformat?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reformatting causes everything on your hard drive to be erased, with Windows reinstalling itself. By everything, I mean that it will look like it did when your computer was brand new (emptier, in fact, depending on where your computer came from).

http://helpdesk.its.uiowa.edu/windows/instructions/reformat.htm

I can't speak for the quality of this guide, but it all seems to be there. Print it off, or write it down, because it will be some time before you can Before you do this disconnect your computer from the internet.

Your computer should have come with a CD of drivers too. Install the ones that apply to your rig (my Dell came with a crapload of drivers for a ton of different hardware configurations) before reconnecting your internet. Then, don't even think of touching the web except for the Windows Update page until you have XP SP2 installed and patched. It'll take a number of reboots, but until those are all on, you're computer will be very vulnerable. During the patching process, I often get popups (always wondered if it was just my computer until the new computer I built did it too) telling me there are viruses on my computer, or that the registry is ****ed, or some such BS, and that I need to go to some URL to get software to fix the problem. Ignore them, and X them closed as they popup. Once Windows is patched up, they'll stop. Then download Firefox from mozilla.com. Use it to surf around and find the latest drivers for your audio and video cards. Reinstall your software and games, and you should be back in business.

I spend all the time patching and downloading playing games, so pick a single player game to pass the time with, it usually takes and hour or two to get everything installed and up to date.

Reformatting is a good skill to have for anyone that owns a computer. It's the perfect last ditch effort to clean up your computer.

Everyone feel free to interject here, as I can only speak from my own experience.

Best answers
yes i use windows XP but after hearing whatl happen if i reformat i dont wana :(

Best answers
ok so im writing my important files to cd roms when im done with that hwo to i reformat?

Best answers
Great WTF now my moms is telling me NOT to reformat the coooomputer she says " lets ask our neighbor he is good with computers" asking my neighbor isnt going to do anything.

Best answers
ok so i reformatted and everything wwent well honestly i liked reformatting because it got rid of all the useless crap from my comp :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom