Budokai Arena, DB Saga

Best answers
well i hope most of you saw the old good DB series, when goku was a child and where training along side with krilin. I watched my Mangas again and again and i
felt to make a little enviroment from the DB series . I planed to model the tenkaichi arena , but i dont have much ref pics, only some of the manga shoots which i cant use as refs. Heres how the stage looks, today i will add some elemets, im realy planing to finish it soon: ] . I m trying to make it as close to the show as possible. i hope i will succede : ]

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9986/budokai2sk6.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1492/budokai4ik1.jpg

post your coments, and fell free to find some pics : ] of the Early DB stage arena to help me out
!! thanks !!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
textures are too busy/messy imo, looks good so far

Best answers
I really like it. The textures looks okay. But what do I know? I'm just a n00b.

Best answers
im making that big house behind the stage, i will post when finish, still im laking pics :(

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
looks really nice
but you've overdone it with the outlines I'd say.

Makes me want to map a budokai map from DB haha

Best answers
(cough do it dj cough) It looks really awesome i like how you've made it look more cartoony than those realistic ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
(cough do it dj cough) It looks really awesome i like how you've made it look more cartoony than those realistic ones.
That's what i was thinking, the cartoony is a great touch

:yes:

Best answers
here is an update, making the house behind the stage currently, i will finish it today so i will post more pics later, still i cant find the late DB arena pics :(

there just now way to get them : (

and thanks for coments : ]

Best answers
I actually wouldn't go for the cell shading part, since static stuff in anime backgrounds are always very realisticly drawn. I actually like your max viewport shot better than your renders.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your arena and several other walls dont need those polys =/
might wanna get rid of em, just suggesting..
and im with broli on this one, but it can be pulled off if you aren't too lazy

Best answers
broli said:
I actually wouldn't go for the cell shading part, since static stuff in anime backgrounds are always very realisticly drawn. I actually like your max viewport shot better than your renders.
hahaha busted Nataku :p my friend ;)
Widzisz, nie wszyscy lubia cellshading ;P

IMO your arena is great besides four things ;)
1) I think that arena where fighters battle is too small... (or it's just me, could you place there some model, to show proportions ??)
2) The bricks should end with arena... not like with your texture... they are cutted at the end af arena... (A jeśli nie wiesz o czym mowie to napisze po polsku :p - twoja textura na te kamienie jest jakby scieta na koncu tej areny, dopasuj ja tak aby wszystko sie miescilo w arenie)
3) I think that you have too thick black lines between the bricks...
4) IMO the bricks are too big on your texture (but like I said it can be right.. just put some model in there so we can see proportions [mozesz wziasc mojego goha ;)])

Aaa, nie podoba mi sie jeszcze to ze masz na nich mirrora.... zrob ta arene z klockami jako calosc bo stac cie na wiecej ;)

Keep up the good work ;) pal

Best answers
yeah i know, some textures arent ending where they suppose to end, but still i wanna try with cell shading, then i will fix all the textures errors. I still dont have any good refs, so i might be missiing the fell of some objects. I will make a version with out cell shading 2 at the end, to see what came better. But im progressing anyway :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom